Website Carondelet High School
Catholic Girls High School
Carondelet is an equity-focused, woman-centered, 800-student high school located in the East Bay. The school is looking for a Full-Time Academic/Student Life Administrative Assistant for the Fall of 2021. We are seeking an individual who is interested in innovative curriculum development as it relates to making learning highly relevant in today’s world.
Employees at Carondelet are equity-focused lifelong learners with a keen interest in growing professionally in all areas. An ideal candidate is a team player who can think outside the box, is confident and capable with the use of technology.
The Assistant Dean of Student Life and Wellness inspires excellence, responds to the needs of the time, and makes a positive difference by preparing young women to live with heart, faith and courage in the Catholic tradition. The Assistant Dean of Student Life and Wellness understands the uniqueness of each student, strives to awaken minds, and guides students in faith, hope, and growth in the spirit of the Sisters of Saint Joseph.
The Assistant Dean of Student Life and Wellness helps administer procedures related to student discipline policies, campus safety and security, coverage of events, working with the Student Life team on logistics, initiatives and programs.
The Assistant Dean of Student Life and Wellness is an advocate for students dealing with personal, emotional, medical and academic needs and works with the Dean of Student Life and Wellness to help foster a positive and supportive educational environment built on trust, safety of the whole child, and with a focus on CSJ mission.
The Assistant Dean of Student Life and Wellness yearns to make a positive difference in the lives of all Carondelet students.
- Works with the Dean of Student Life and Wellness as an advocate, facilitator and disciplinarian for students while helping oversee the basic quality of life of all Carondelet students
- Assists in implementing guidelines for proper student conduct and dress, maintains student discipline, monitors students’ adherence to established school rules, and ensures a safe environment for all students
- Fosters a school environment of unity, harmony, cooperation and high morale through tact, helpfulness, respect, and a recognition of individual differences and the special abilities and strengths of each student
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with staff, parents, and community members
- Creates positive interactions with students, families, and outside constituencies through a variety of responsibilities and promotes a positive image of Carondelet
- Maintains strict confidentiality related to students, school families, and alumnae
- Develops innovative strategies and use of technology to ensure smooth implementation of student programming and events.
Student Discipline and Campus Security
- Assists Dean of Student Life and Wellness in day-to-day campus supervision, including supervision of the I-Center and in implementing school protocols and policies.
- Assists the Dean of Students during peak times with parking permit distribution, locker assignment, emergency response protocols and drills
- Coordinates traffic in the morning, during the school day, after school and at selected events, including but not limited to: Frosh BBQ/Orientation, Open
- House, Placement Test, Visions of Christmas, Interviews, Dances, Graduation, etc.
Student Life Logistics
- Assists the Director of Student Activities and Dean of Students with the logistics and supervision of the following major events: Orientation, Welcome Week, Sisterhood Week, Homecoming, Billion Rising, Graduation, Junior/Senior Prom, Student Recognition Assemblies, Admissions events and other events as they arise
- Assists in supervision and organization of major school initiatives connected to testing, placement, and tech training
- Helps organize and plan student leadership programs.
- Assists with distribution and collection of payment requests, forms, permission slips, and facilities requests for events, field trips, outside club activities, etc. for all areas of Student Life
- Helps oversee engagement tracking platform in partnership with Athletics and Student Life Team and helps facilitate training for new hires and students
- Responsible for weekly content on the Inner Court TV
- Assists Student Activities Director with various aspects of student clubs
- Coordinates daily announcements on Schoology in conjunction with the Director of Student Activities.
- Participates in student life meetings related to student wellness and behaviors as needed.
- Coordinates programs on an ongoing basis such as the Green Dot Bystander Programming, alcohol and drug awareness, Diversity/Equity/Inclusion programming, etc. in collaboration with the Vice Principal of Student Life and Mission and Student Life Department.
- Partners with the Attendance Officer in outreach to students about attendance concerns.
- Partners with the Dean of Student Life and Wellness in outreach to students relating to behavioral concerns.
Library Support (set schedule):
- Process new books (stamp, cover, sticker, and display)
- Send Overdue Notices.
- Call home about “lost” materials.
- Circulation (check in/out materials).
- Other duties as directed by the Vice Principal of Student Life/Principal.
- Prefer experience in an educational setting
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution with advanced degree preferred
- Experience in managing people in complex interpersonal environments
- Proficient in balancing multiple duties and responsibilities, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Adept at communicating with students, teachers, and parents on a wide variety of topics
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Microsoft office, a comfort with and willingness to learn a variety of computer platforms as needed
- Visual Ability to read handwritten or typed documents
- Able to conduct verbal conversation
- Able to hear normal range verbal conversation (approximately 60 decibels)
- Able to sit, stoop, kneel bend, walk, and climb slopes, stairs and steps
- Able to stand for extended periods of time
- Able to push and or pull a variety of tools and equipment up to 10 pounds
- Able to reach and twist
- Able to carry up to 10 pounds
- Visually able to use the computer for extended periods of time
To apply for this job please visit form.jotform.com.