Website Carondelet High School
Catholic Girls High School
Carondelet is an equity-focused, woman-centered, 800-student high school located in the East Bay. The school is looking for a Full-Time Administrative Assistant for the Fall of 2021.
Employees at Carondelet are equity-focused lifelong learners with a keen interest in growing professionally in all areas. An ideal candidate is a team player who can think outside the box, is confident and capable with the use of technology.
The Administrative Assistant for Academics/Main Office assists the Principal and Vice Principals in multiple areas to ensure that the school functions efficiently and effectively in order to create a positive, innovative and opportunistic environment for the students of Carondelet. The Administrative Assistant is also the first contact representative for the school to the community at large and as such, needs to maintain a positive, professional and enthusiastic attitude in dealing with the school’s various constituencies. The Administrative Assistant also models humble leadership, embraces possibility and innovation, delivers great, and inspires joy and gratitude in students and colleagues.
- As first point of contact for outside constituencies, has strong interpersonal relationship skills and is able to deal with conflict and difficult people in a friendly and positive fashion.
- Lives the mission of the school, in the CSJ tradition, through a thorough knowledge and understanding of the mission, vision, and values of Carondelet High School.
- Creates an environment where a growth mindset is a prominent presence in all aspects of school.
- Maintains positive relationships and communication with students, parents, faculty and staff to ensure an excellent educational experience.
- Engages enthusiastically with and responds positively to the needs of students, faculty, families, staff, alumni and the public outside the school in order to help maintain a positive and vibrant school community.
- Is a life-long learner who takes advantage of professional growth opportunities related to their job and education in general.
- Works collaboratively with Student Life and Academics helping oversee the basic quality of life of all Carondelet students
- Assists in implementing guidelines for proper student conduct and dress, maintains student discipline, monitors students’ adherence to established school rules, and ensures a safe environment for all students
- Assists the Vice Principal of Student Life and the Vice Principal for Academics and Ed Tech with a variety of logistics and clerical duties.
- Assists the Vice Principal for Academics and Data Analyst with processing and dissemination of data from a variety of platforms.
- Fields phone calls, receives and directs visitors, and creates a professional and enthusiastic environment for these constituencies.
- Assists in tracking field trip forms and guest speaker forms.
- Coordinates tracking of Faculty/Staff attendance and assists with scheduling of substitutes.
- Assists in coordinating the school calendar and facilities calendar in conjunction with the IT Operations Director and Director of Facilities.
- Cover Attendance Office during Attendance Officer’s lunch and absences
- Tracks monthly use of copier, postage and supplies with the Business Manager.
Under the supervision of the Director of Educational Technology and Data Analysis
- Testing and survey support
- Updates to student databases to ensure “clean data.”
- Student Cumulative folders.
- PowerSchool lists
- Mail Merge Assistance
- Processing and review of student transcripts
- MAP and other placement testing coordination
- Preparation for scheduling cycle
- Scheduling process set-up, schedule matrix
- Final phases clean-up, room assignments
- Assists with creation of master teacher/room list each semester.
AP test coordinator Responsibilities for the school
- Works collaboratively with the AP Lead
- Ensures that all logistical aspects of AP testing are met, including:
- Online exam ordering and number of tests being taken in Fall semester, including DLS students in Carondelet AP classes
- Implementation of exam security and seating policy
- Off-site testing
- Selecting and preparing proctors
- Accommodations with the SSD coordinator
- Returning exams
- Ordering score labels and booklets
- Communication with students and parents about AP program timelines and rules
Library Support (summer projects):
- Process new books (stamp, cover, sticker, and display)
- Send Overdue Notices.
- Call home about “lost” materials.
- Circulation (check in/out materials).
- Assist with Weeding projects (removing old/damaged materials).
- As assigned by the Principal and Vice Principal of Academics
- Prefer experience in an educational setting
- High School Diploma. Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution with advanced degree preferred
- Ability to get along with co-workers and other school community members
- Is a creative and innovative thinker, who responds proactively to change, crisis, and general needs
- Is compassionate and demonstrates integrity while being an active listener
- Has strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Is detail oriented and is willing to learn and grow to meet the changing needs of the school.
- Proficient in balancing multiple duties and responsibilities, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience with databases and spreadsheets
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Microsoft office, a comfort with and willingness to learn a variety of computer platforms as needed
- Visual Ability to read handwritten or typed documents
- Able to conduct verbal conversation
- Able to hear normal range verbal conversation (approximately 60 decibels)
- Able to sit, stoop, kneel bend, walk, and climb slopes, stairs and steps
- Able to stand for extended periods of time
- Able to push and or pull a variety of tools and equipment up to 10 pounds
- Able to reach and twist
- Able to carry up to 10 pounds
- Visually able to use the computer for extended periods of time
To apply for this job please visit form.jotform.com.