The Bay School of San Francisco
Position: Campaign Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Advancement
Status: 100% FTE position; start date November 30, 2019
Located in the Presidio of San Francisco, The Bay School is an independent, college preparatory high school committed to providing its 370 students with a challenging, innovative curriculum and a collaborative, supportive community. Our flexible, open-minded staff and faculty members foster and model curiosity, critical thinking, intentionality, good humor and respect for diversity. As co-builders of a young high school, they contribute to an impactful community. Our campus also serves as headquarters for the CATDC (California Teacher Development Collaborative).
The Bay School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to having a faculty and staff and a student body that reflect the diversity of the Bay Area. We strongly encourage candidates of color to apply. For more information about The Bay School, including Bay’s official school profile, please visit our website at https://www.bayschoolsf.org.
POSITION OVERVIEW — Campaign Coordinator
The Advancement Team seeks an indispensable Campaign Coordinator to provide administrative support for the planning, organization, and implementation of the Keys Campaign, a multi-year fundraising campaign currently in the leadership phase and scheduled to go public in Fall 2020. The Campaign Coordinator reports to the Advancement Director and must possess the skills and capacities to work independently to develop solutions, take immediate action when needed, balance competing interests, see to every small detail, and complete projects to the highest standards. The Campaign Coordinator is further responsible for supporting the prospect research and information needs of The Keys Campaign as well as the Major Gifts Program.
- Coordinate and generate donor correspondence, gift acknowledgements, gift agreements, special mailings, donor packets and proposals, campaign reports, and presentations;
- Coordinate campaign-related events, including contract routing, sending invitations, tracking RSVPs, preparing nametags, etc;
- Coordinate leaders to facilitate Campaign Committee meetings, including date and location scheduling, attendance, agenda and materials preparation, and taking meeting minutes;
- As directed, facilitate the fundraising activities of volunteer campaign solicitors by providing clerical, record-keeping, and other administrative support for their prospect identification, cultivation, and solicitation efforts;
- Coordinate Advancement Director to develop and maintain an accurate report of campaign progress to date;
- Provide administrative support to the Advancement Director and Major Gifts Officer, including budget preparation, expense reporting, invoice/contract routing and processing, travel and meeting coordination, proactive calendar management, Raiser’s Edge/NXT data input and report generation, and file organization and optimization.
- Conduct prospect research in support of the Campaign and the Major Gifts Program, as requested by Campaign Leaders;
- Utilize internet and subscription research tools/resources to locate, analyze and interpret financial capacity and propensity, including compensation information, stocks/options and retirement plans, property transactions, and philanthropic interests;
- Prepare written reports including biographical and business information, financial assets, areas of interest and philanthropic support, and affiliations;
- Maintain Raiser’s Edge/NXT database specific to prospect research.
The ideal candidate possesses:
- A Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience;
- Minimum two years administrative support experience required;
- Demonstrated ability to retrieve, analyze, and synthesize information gathered from varied sources;
- Experience with online databases and resources preferred;
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communications skills;
- Excellent research, writing and editing skills (writing sample may be requested);
- Organized and efficient, capable of managing multiple projects with competing priorities to the highest standards in a timely manner while remaining flexible and having fun.
- Accurate and impeccable attention to detail;
- Proactive self-starter requiring minimal supervision, but also works well on team;
- Experience working with high level volunteers and donors preferred;
- Customer service (especially phone) experience highly desirable;
- Nonprofit development experience preferred;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, basic publishing software such as Adobe Photoshop and InDesign, and Raiser’s Edge (or equivalent database);
- Understanding of and strong commitment to the mission and precepts of The Bay School.
Bay offers a salary commensurate with experience and a competitive benefits package.
To apply, please send a cover letter stating your interest and highlights of your experience along with a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates may be subject to background checks. Start date November 30, 2019 or sooner; consideration of candidates to begin immediately.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com