Reports To: Director of Athletics
Position Type: Part-Time/Seasonal/Non-Exempt
Pay Range: $30-40 per hour.
Established in 1920, Bentley School is a K-12 coeducational, independent day school located on two campuses in Oakland and Lafayette. Bentley is an inclusive community that shares a vision of transformational learning and respect for the individual. Bentley seeks a Men’s & Women’s Varsity Cross Country Head Coach at the Upper School campus in Lafayette for Fall 2023 Season.
Responsibilities for this position will include, but are not limited to:
· Work directly with the Director of Athletics to develop the growth of the cross country program.
· Assist in the overall planning and execution of the cross country program.
· Work with head coach to develop and implement game strategies.
· Help in the planning and organizing of team practice sessions.
· Ability to coach team members individually and in groups.
· Work with head coach to develop and implement team strength and conditioning program.
· Monitor and maintain the discipline and conduct of student-athletes to support the culture of the school and athletic program.
· Adhere to all state, section, conference and league rules and regulations/policies.
· Build a positive relationship with all members of the Bentley School community, including students, faculty/staff, administration, parents and alumni.
· Be a mentor, both in cross country and in life.
· Previous coaching experience at the high school and/or college level.
· Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
· Desire to become part of the larger school athletic community.
· Must be able to work collaboratively as a team member.
· Must be self-directed.
· Time commitment – must be available for practices and games during weekday afternoons and evenings and on some Saturday’s
Valid Driver license
· Experience running cross country at the college level or above.
All employees are required to be vaccinated for the COVID-19 vaccine before beginning their employment with Bentley.
Bentley School is an equal opportunity employer and seeks rich diversity among faculty and administration. The School offers competitive compensation and benefits.
How to Apply
Please submit letter of interest, resume, and the names and contact information of three references. No phone calls please.
Qualified, interested candidate may apply for this position through online application at https://bentleyschool.bamboohr.com/careers/164