The Bay School of SF
The Bay School is an independent high school located in the Presidio of San Francisco; the school competes in 15 sports for both girls and boys. The Athletic Department Associate serves as a member of the Athletic Department team and assists with multiple office administrative and game supervisory responsibilities in a fast-paced, friendly high school environment. Hours are flexible; however, evening and occasional weekend work will be required. The Associate reports to the Assistant Athletic Director.
DUTIES Game/Event Management
- Attends approximately 50% of home games throughout the school year, serving either as site supervisor of the game or as a operations support
○ As site supervisor: first to arrive at designated home gym or field and last to leave facility; welcomes and assists visiting athletes, coaches, spectators, and officials to home facilities; assists with set-up and take down of equipment; acts as the administrator in charge in the absence of the Athletic Director and Assistant Athletic Director
■ In that capacity, the Associate is responsible for ensuring a safe environment for all spectators, coaches, officials, and athletes, dealing with any challenging situations that may arise and implementing and assisting with emergency protocols.
○ As operations support: Helps oversee game operations for several sports (including but not limited to volleyball, basketball and lacrosse), including preparation of facilities and the management of scorer’s table at Letterman gym and home-designated fields in San Francisco.
- Assists department with on-site administration of all playoff home games (Bay Area Conference, North Coast Section and/or CIF)
- Assists department with logistics and planning for special events, such as End of Season Celebrations, spirit games, playoffs, etc.
- Helps manage volunteer support from students and families
- Assists with transporting student-athletes and/or equipment to and/or from practice and competition locations
- Coaches one season of sport per year (Fall/Winter/Spring) with the opportunity for coaching during summer and/or off-season programming
- Orders and manages inventory of uniforms and athletic equipment
○ Management includes the cleaning, repair, and assessment of equipment condition at the end of each season
- Keeps storage space organized
- Assists department with van upkeep
Communications and Office Duties
- Collaborates with the Bay communications team to provide content for the website and social media portals
- Represents Athletic Department at admissions events
- Helps to develop systems to maintain student eligibility and coach records as well as inventory
- Assists Assistant Athletic Director with activities program attendance when needed
- Participates in community events (e.g. Morning Meeting, and other school-sponsored events).
- Shares other duties and responsibilities common to all school employees (e.g. enforcing school rules, serving as a mandated reporter)
The ideal candidate possesses:
❖ 2-3 years working with adolescent student-athletes ❖ Athletic experience as a coach and/or college level athlete ❖ Ability to work in faced-paced team environment ❖ An optimistic attitude, positive spirit, flexibility and professional demeanor ❖ Strong verbal and written communication skills ❖ Strong cultural competency and commitment to anti-bias work ❖ Excellent attention to detail ❖ Strong organizational and problem solving skills ❖ Ability to use a variety of tech from desktop to smartphone with ease ❖ Proficiency with basic word-processing applications and Google suite Requirements: Candidate must have
➔ A clear and valid CA driver’s license and the ability to drive minors ➔ Ability to lift 35# ➔ Ability to work late afternoons, early evenings as well as some weekends
The Bay School offers a strong benefits package and competitive salaries.
Before applying, please review the school’s website (www.bayschoolsf.org) to familiarize yourself with the school and its approach to education. Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest, current resume and three recent references to firstname.lastname@example.org, ATTN: Athletic Associate. The position is open until filled.
The Bay School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to having a faculty, staff and student body that reflects the diversity of the Bay Area. We strongly encourage those with a demonstrated dedication to social justice, collaboration, innovation and student-centered education to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com