St. Paul's Episcopal School
St. Paul’s Episcopal School, located across from Lake Merritt in Oakland, enrolls 380 students from diverse backgrounds in Kindergarten-Grade 8. St. Paul’s provides an education that is intellectually challenging, culturally pluralistic, and morally and spiritually enriching. Caring, committed faculty members, in partnership with parents, serve as role models, mentors, and guides. St. Paul’s has an academically talented and ethnically diverse student body and seeks the same in its faculty.
St. Paul’s seeks to fill the Assistant to the Head of School position for the 2019-2020 academic year.
The Assistant to the Head is responsible for the daily operations of the Head’s Office and for maintaining a warm, supportive, and hospitable environment in the School. She/he is responsible for organization, communication, and institutional memory. She/he works with the administrative team to define the organization, document policy and procedures, and disseminate information to various constituencies.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide administrative support to the Head of School, Board of Trustees, and Parent Association
- Manage School, admin team, and Head’s calendars
- Create and manage electronic document and databases (including but not limited to Google Suite, FileMaker, Excel, Microsoft word, and page layout programs.
- Support School website maintenance
- Collaborate on School event planning (faculty retreat, all school community, Professional Development Days, etc.)
- Assist in creation of school handbooks
- Keep accurate and organized historical files for the School, in coordination with other departments
- Provide general office manager and support for the administrative offices including tech. Support
- Inventory and order School stationery, business cards, etc.
- Arrange and manage travel and meetings
- Assist in negotiating contracts for and the purchasing of office equipment and supplies
- Support and participate in various activities/duties with children as needed (i.e. arrival/dismissal duty, service learning activity support, lunch duty)
- Support weekly admin meeting (agenda setting, note taking, action item tracking)
- Provide general support to other admin team members (i.e. graduation announcement printing, finance reconciliation, Annual Fund solicitation emails, 8th grade student meetings with Head of School, new parent meetings, support onboarding new employees, scheduling and supporting school photo days etc.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and dynamic individual who:
- is able to handle confidential information professionally and discretely
- is extremely organized and has immaculate attention to detail with innovative problem-solving skills
- is flexible, energetic, and able to handle several complex projects simultaneously
- has experience completing projects and special assignments by establishing objectives, determining priorities, managing time, gaining cooperation of others, monitoring progress, problem-solving, and making adjustments to the plan
- can remain calm in challenging situations and thrive in a fast pace work environment
- has advanced Word, Excel, PowerPoint, FileMaker and InDesign, Google Suite skills
- has excellent verbal and written communication skills
- has experience supporting a high-level executive and their decision making process by advising them of historical precedents
- values collegiality with staff, administrators, and teachers
- has a warm and energetic personality, and a good sense of humor
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit cover letter, resume, and references, addressed to Josh Stern, Head of School. Please send materials electronically, in PDF format to Lisa Rappaport, Assistant to the Head of School: email@example.com.
This is a full-time position with competitive salary and excellent benefits, commensurate with experience.
We fully and actively support equal opportunity for all people, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, disability, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org