St. Matthew's Episcopal Day School
St. Matthew’s Episcopal Day School is seeking a full time Assistant Teacher for maternity leave coverage. This is a temporary position from October 2020 to January 2020.
The Assistant Teacher will become a member of our Lower School faculty and work directly with the Lower School Director. We seek compassionate, dedicated, fearless, and innovative team members who will support our students and parents to carry forth the Episcopal tradition, Mission, Philosophy and Core Values of our school. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Embracing the school’s mission and philosophy in working with students, parents, colleagues and administration.
- Working with the Lower School Director and lead teacher to execute responsibilities pertaining to the academic program: curriculum development and implementation, classroom management, student assessment and parent communication.
- Working with our Learning Center members and lead teacher to support students in achieving their full potential of development and growth, through observation of students’ behavior and needs, and consulting with our school counselor and Learning Specialists.
- Attending and participating in the following: chapels, faculty in-service meetings, parent and student assemblies, and other school functions, as requested.
- Participating in professional development opportunities and keeping current on educational issues and trends.
- At least two years of teaching experience in a Lower School Classroom
- Experience with Lucy Calkins’ Reading and Writing Workshops and Fountas and Pinnell’s
Guided Reading approach
- Demonstrated ability with differentiating instruction in a heterogeneous classroom
- Knowledgeable in educational technology that will enhance instruction
To apply please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
St. Matthew’s Episcopal Day School is committed to an inclusive and supportive environment and candidates from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org