Marin Country Day School
ASSISTANT MIDDLE SCHOOL TEACHER FOR DISTANCE LEARNING (IN-PERSON POSITION)
Marin Country Day School seeks a gifted educator who is passionate about teaching middle school students using a rich and rigorous curriculum. We seek an educator with a demonstrated background and/or interest in cultural competency, curriculum development, technology integration and environmental sustainability and a belief in teaching with the interests of the whole child in mind. Our approach and philosophy centers on collaboration, thoughtful innovation, team-building and leveraging diverse and multiple perspectives.
This full-time position entails assisting students in the middle school classroom while a lead teacher who cannot physically be at school delivers lessons remotely. The responsibilities of this position must be completed in person. This position is a temporary faculty position to supplement MCDS’s regular teaching faculty during the current public health emergency for the 2020-21 school year. The period of employment begins immediately, and the term of the employment will depend on the impact of the public health emergency on MCDS’s operations.
About Marin Country Day School
MCDS is an independent, K-8, co-educational day school enrolling approximately 595 students from across the Bay area, drawing equally from San Francisco and Marin.
Our mission at MCDS is to create an inclusive community of learning that inspires curiosity, empathy, and action.
We actively seek diversity in our administration, faculty and student body. As a school, we affirm that human diversity includes, but is not limited to: age, family structure, gender, gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, physical ability, and learning style. As our Statement of Community and Inclusion indicates, “Ours is a Community that would be uncomfortable without diversity and, therefore, has been intentional about creating and nurturing a diverse group of adults and children who share the core values of respect, responsibility and compassion.”
At MCDS, every employee is integral in creating a learning community in which all seek to improve as practitioners, learners and team members, and we support our outstanding faculty and professional staff through our strong professional development program.
- Serves as an assistant teacher in a classroom of up to 20 students while a lead teacher delivers remote instruction.
- Takes responsibility for
- Managing and supporting student learning activities in the classroom
- Collaborating with remote lead teacher
- Completing lunch and recess duties
- Attending virtual team meetings
- Creates a supportive and inclusive classroom environment that honors and nurtures each child’s individual identity.
- Develops warm and respectful relationships with students.
- Identifies and responds to individual students’ learning differences and creates enrichment opportunities.
- Collaborates with Student Support Services to meet the needs of individual learners.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Masters and credential preferred
- Relevant teaching experience or experience with students
- Basic audio-visual and technology skills
- Commitment to professional growth, reflective practice, and growth mindset
- Strong ability to work collaboratively
- Faculty and Staff of Color Affinity Group called Fusion
- Active SEED (Seeking Educational Equity and Diversity) group
- Strong and supportive professional community with a growth mindset
MCDS is an equal opportunity employer and promotes the principles and practices of
diversity throughout the school community. Compensation is competitive.
Postal: Search Committee/Assistant Middle School Teacher
5221 Paradise Drive
Corte Madera, CA 94925
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com