Children's Day School
Assistant Director of Enrollment Management
Children’s Day School (CDS) is a co-educational preschool through eighth grade serving over 475 students in the Mission Dolores neighborhood of San Francisco. Spanning two campuses, and home to a diverse community of students, faculty, and families, CDS is a vibrant learning community. Our teachers practice constructivist teaching; born of “learning by doing,” it is how we achieve excellent academics. We believe by encouraging children to fully engage in complex topics, and in myriad ways, we are giving them tools to become lifelong learners and passionate citizens of the world. To learn more about CDS, visit our website at www.cds-sf.org.
The Assistant Director of Enrollment Management is responsible for supporting the enrollment and retention of mission-appropriate students in preschool-8th grade and works directly with, and is supervised by, the Director of Enrollment Management. This is a full-time, 10-month exempt position (mid-August to mid-June). Some evening and weekend work is required.
In partnership with the Director of Enrollment Management:
- Process online inquiries and event registrations from prospective parents/guardians; respond to follow-up questions and requests (calls and emails) from prospective parents/guardians.
- Manage scheduling of prospective parents/guardians and students for various CDS admission-related events; coordinate and attend all admission-related events:
- School tours (September-January)
- Open Houses (October-November)
- Preschool family visits (January-February)
- K-8 student visits (January-February)
- Friday assemblies (October-March)
- Assist with admission office filing and other administrative tasks, including maintaining the admission database (FileMaker Pro).
- Process all applications, following up with families as needed.
- Process all evaluations, transcripts, notes, and emails so they are added to prospective students’ files accurately and timely.
- Prepare files and paperwork needed for parent/guardians interviews and for student visits.
- Interview prospective parents/guardians.
- Participate in the admission decision process, including student assessments and parent/guardian interviews; compose personal notes; assist in sending decisions as needed.
- Recruit, coordinate, and schedule admission volunteers throughout the admission tour and visit seasons.
- Coordinate outreach efforts by current CDS parents/guardians to prospective parents/guardians.
- Assist with enrollment process for new students in March.
- Coordinate new family welcoming process and events in spring.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- A strong commitment to being part of a learning community where the people, culture, and curriculum reflect the racial, ethnic, economic, and family diversity of San Francisco.
- Proven leadership or strong leadership potential.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A strong attention to detail.
- The ability to be welcoming and inclusive of all, and to treat all current and prospective community members with respect.
- The ability to treat all information relating to prospective families with the utmost of confidence.
- A willingness to give and receive effective feedback to and from colleagues, parents, and students.
- A commitment to developing professionally and supporting the development of others.
The successful candidate will have:
A bachelor’s degree or higher.
Some familiarity with database systems preferred (FilmakerPro preferred, but will train).
Spanish speaker strongly preferred.
Highly preferred qualifications
·Experience in a school setting.
·Filemaker Pro database management proficiency.
·Bilingual language skills – Spanish/English.
Salary will be based on qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits offered including medical, dental and vision insurance, and a retirement plan.
CDS is an equal opportunity employer. We are a racially and ethnically diverse community, and we seek the same in our faculty and staff.