St. Matthew's Episcopal Day School
Afterschool Extended Care Teacher Position (Part-time)
The School’s mission is to inspire, through an academically challenging course of study, the intellectual curiosity, confidence, moral courage, and character that prepare students to be leaders of positive change in the world.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Must work in a team with three other members and…
- Care for and play with children in Extended Care using fun, engaging, interactive games, toys and activities.
- Implement the program curriculum as planned by the Extended Day Coordinator to ensure a quality experience for all participants.
- Assist the program coordinator in addressing the ongoing needs of the students and parents.
- Implement program procedures effectively to ensure the safe being of all students.
- Observe, monitor, and participate in children’s play activities.
- Oversee homework and quiet time and help with student’s homework when necessary.
- Promote a safe and healthy environment based on safety standards set within the program.
- Support the emotional and social development of children.
- Maintain accurate and organized records such as attendance records and timesheets.
- Help prepare snacks for the children and clean-up the preparation area after snack.
- Lock all doors and buildings at end of day.
- Demonstrate behavior that is professional, ethical, and responsible.
- Be patient and have a sense of humor.
- Prior experience in either teaching or child-care with young children is a must. Strong interpersonal skills, a love of children, and a desire to improve skills are required.
- Contract may include occasional extended day and evening assignments. St. Matthew’s Episcopal Day School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- References are required.
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: April 1, 2019 – June 2019
APPROXIMATE HOURS: 2:30-6:00PM, Mondays through Fridays, and occasionally on non-school days
MONTHLY MEETING: 1:45-2:30PM
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 to $25.00 /hour
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org