Park Day School
Overview of School
Park Day School, an independent school founded in 1976, offers an outstanding progressive K-8 program with 300+ students. The school community embraces and serves the ethnic, cultural and socioeconomic diversity of Oakland. The program is rooted in the tenets of progressive education and reinforces 21st century pedagogy. Our student-centered approach cultivates deep thinkers and compassionate and courageous people who work to shape a more equitable and sustainable world. Park Day is a leader in public purpose initiatives and social justice efforts, and our historical four-acre campus is located in the vibrant Temescal neighborhood of Oakland, CA.
Requirements and Qualifications
We are seeking an after school teacher who is passionate about working with children, and who will be an excellent team player. Candidates should be collaborative, creative, energetic, and able to engage with a large group of K-8 children.
Qualified candidates will:
- Have experience working with and supervising groups of school-age students in school or recreation (camps, teams, etc.), including facilitating student conflict.
- Be able to design activities and plan curriculum for an enrichment class during the afterschool program.
- Have strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Be dependable and on time.
- Collaborate with colleagues and administrators, and liaise with school day staff.
- Build excellent rapport with families.
- Bring energy and enthusiasm, welcoming families and communicating positive information about students to families.
- Channel difficult communication through the ASAP Director and/or Assistant Head of School (as necessary).
- Be culturally competent.
- Welcome feedback and support, as needed.
- Work at school holiday camps; collaborate with Program Director to determine work schedule on camp days.
Hours: Monday-Friday, 2:30pm-5:30pm, Wednesday, 1:30pm-5:30pm (Plus school holiday camps as needed)
Additional hours available in the mornings 7:30am-9:00am.
Salary is a competitive hourly rate based on experience.
To apply: Submit resume, cover letter and three references to https://form.jotform.com/90749053101147
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org