Live Oak School
Live Oak School supports the potential and promise of each student. We provide a strong academic foundation, develop personal confidence and the ability to collaborate with others, inspire students to act with compassion and integrity, and nurture a passion for learning to last a lifetime.
The Advancement Associate reports to the Director of Advancement and is full time. The Advancement Associate is a member of Live Oak’s administrative team who will collaborate with faculty and staff to develop and execute initiatives and cultivate inclusive, positive relationships within the school community. Position to start July 1, 2020, please apply here.
- Act as an advancement point person for all Live Oak constituents: current parents, prospective parents, grandparents, alumni, sponsors, volunteers, donors.
- Manage all gift and data entry in Raiser’s Edge, process and acknowledge donations and access information for mailings and stewardship events.
- Continually investigate and learn improved strategies and possible alternatives for reporting advancement data.
- Manage advancement events including: Grandparents and Special Friends’ Day, alumni class reunions, kindergarten and sixth grade receptions, Eighth Grade Legacy party, Alumni Changemaker Day, the After Party, any additional celebrations and stewardship events.
- Collaborate with the advancement team on planning and coordination of events leading up to and during the 50th Anniversary in 2021-22.
- Collaborate with the advancement team on the development of new events to engage and steward current families, grandparents, and alumni.
- Maintain paper files.
- Conduct and report on prospect research while maintaining the highest level of confidentiality.
- Support new family and solicitation meetings, manage schedules, communicate with participants, and set up refreshments.
- Arrange for language translation in meetings when necessary.
- Reconcile donations with the Business Office for the purpose of internal control.
- Maintain thorough record keeping of donor correspondence for auditors.
- Support the Business office during the annual audit.
- Generate and implement new strategies for recognizing donors and volunteers
- Promote positive relationships between the advancement office, business office and all internal and external constituents of the school by being professional, maintaining the highest level of confidentiality, and remaining present and responsive in formal and informal settings.
- Collaborate with the members of the advancement office and the administrative team to advance annual department and administrative goals.
- Support everyday needs of the school by being present for weekly student drop off and pick up shifts, as well as lunch.
- Commit to ongoing professional development and growth to reflect the demands of the position and the strategic priorities of the school.
- Attend evening and weekend events as required.
- Attend one day of Live Oak’s annual all-school camp.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org