San Francisco Friends School
The San Francisco Friends School, an independent Quaker K-8 school located in the Mission district of San Francisco, seeks an Admission and Lower School Assistant to join its administration team. The assistant will work in close collaboration with the Director of Admission and Lower School Head in coordinating and enabling smooth functioning of programs within both departments.
Under the supervision and direction of the Director of Admission, the Assistant is responsible for supporting the office with tasks including managing prospective student/family admissions experiences, assisting with the re-enrollment process, coordinating logistics for admissions events and applicant visits, and providing general administrative support.
Under the direction of the Lower School Head, the Assistant is responsible for supporting the routines, goals, and initiatives for the lower school division and program, which includes students, teachers, parents, curriculum and events, and the Lower School head.
Minimum requirements include a Bachelor’s degree (highly preferred); excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills; prior database experience (InResonance a plus). Preferred experience working with teachers and elementary-aged children; at minimum an authentic interest in becoming part of the team and engaging in the work we do. Some nights, weekends, and overtime work expected at peak times. Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
ADMISSIONS PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interact with the public on a daily basis, by phone, by email, and in person
- Assist in preparation of admissions events including, but not limited to, weekday tours, evening and Saturday open houses
- Assist in preparation of admissions materials—inquiry packets, tour packets, admissions assessments, enrollment contracts
- Manage calendars of the members of the admissions and interview team
- Coordinate teachers’ schedules and substitute coverage during applicant screenings
- Coordinate applicant student visits
- Prepare materials for admissions screening and assessments
- Support monolingual Spanish-speaking families in the application process
- Execute ongoing data entry
- Manage re-enrollment process for returning families
- Collaborate with faculty, administrators, and parent volunteers
- Support the creation of the new family “facebook”
- Participate in duty schedule and attend other school events/meetings as required
- Perform other duties as may be assigned
LOWER SCHOOL PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ongoing Lower School administrative program support i.e. curriculum documentation, coordination of school visits, attendance and note taking at all division meetings, support of creation and distribution of report cards (with Academic Administrative Assistant), and various year long tasks and projects as needed, especially beginning and end of year projects and events.
- Support Lower School teachers as needed i.e. coordinating special schedules, substitutes, special classroom projects, and occasional duty support/coverage as needed.
- Support the Lower School hiring process for assistant teachers and for lead teaching positions: posting jobs, reviewing resumes, initial phone interviews, and scheduling visit days
- Support Lower School parents association (the PA) with Lower School communications i.e scheduling and event support
- Support the Lower School families, especially kindergarten and Spanish speaking families and children, with orientations to school and ongoing communications
- Spanish speaker strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent strongly preferred, with two to three years of relevant administrative experience
- Strong organization skills, including extraordinary attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task across multiple projects and manage shifting priorities to meet all deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills including patience, discretion, a sense of humor, and good judgement
- Excellent customer service skills in person, through email, and by phone
- Excellent communication and follow-through skills
- Ability to work independently and as a collaborative team member
- Familiarity with Filemaker, Microsoft Office (Word and Excel), Google Docs, InResonance
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings/weekends/overtime during peak season
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
Yvette Bonaparte, Director of Admission at email@example.com
The San Francisco Friends School welcomes all students and staff and does not discriminate based on ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability in the administration of its educational policies, enrollment or hiring.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org