Sacramento Country Day School
Accounts Payable/Purchasing/Benefits Specialist
Sacramento Country Day School, a leader in Pre-Kindergarten – 12th grade independent school education since 1964, seeks an Accounts Payable/Purchasing/Benefits Specialist to manage the day-to-day responsibilities of processing and
disbursing funds for authorized purchases of goods and services and administer the
school benefit program.
1. Performs accounts payable functions assuring disbursements are made for
goods and services properly authorized and received.
2. Maintains accurate recordings of purchases and disbursements.
3. Handles school purchases and assures timely processing of those requests.
4. Receives, distributes and, if necessary, returns goods.
5. Performs budget control, advising the Controller and CFO/Business Manager
when budget parameters are jeopardized.
6. Prepares checks with appropriate documentation (receipts, budget approvals,
invoice matching with purchase order and packing slip). Submits checks with
supporting documentation and account distribution to the CFO/Business
Manager for signature.
7. Verifies proper amounts on invoices and other accounts payable documents
by checking extensions, additions, discounts and pricing.
8. Inputs daily accounts payable transactions performing all duties required for a
weekly check run.
9. Prepares special checks at the direction of the CFO/Business Manager.
10.Solves accounts payable problems and maintains regular contact with vendors
regarding prices, shipping, backorders, etc.
11.Manages the credit cards for administrators of the school.
12.Prepares and distributes monthly budget reports to department heads.
13.Manages the school online bookstore for HS and MS.
14.Manages all leases with various companies.
15.Recommends benefit plan changes to the CFO/Business Manager.
16.Introduces new employees to the school’s benefit programs and assists with
enrollment for completion.
17.Administers the school’s benefit programs, not including COBRA and 403(b)
18.Other duties as may be assigned.
The successful candidate will have of the following attributes:
• Hold an Associate or Bachelor’s degree from a 2-4 year college or university
with 2 years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
• Must have strong technical, mathematical and computer skills.
• Must be detail-oriented and work well under pressure.
• Must possess strong verbal communication skills in working with staff and
• Must be familiar with general office machines, typing 50+ wpm and 10-key by
touch with a high level of accuracy.
• Must be able to operate basic job-related equipment using standard methods
of operation, perform minor physical labor, understand and follow oral and
written instructions, plan completion of assignments, and learn schedules.
Interested candidates should send a resume and a letter of interest to CFO Bill Petchauer at email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org