Live Oak School-San Francisco
Live Oak School supports the potential and promise of each student. We provide a strong academic foundation, develop personal confidence and the ability to collaborate with others, inspire students to act with compassion and integrity, and nurture a passion for learning to last a lifetime.
Live Oak is accepting resumes for a 8th Grade Math Teacher to begin in August, 2020. Applicants should have experience as head teachers, professional training, enjoy collaborative work on curriculum development, demonstrate a commitment to issues of equity and social justice, and feel a resonance with the school’s mission, vision, values, and educational philosophy. Please submit a resume, cover letter, and statement of educational philosophy here..
This is a part time position and reports to the Middle School Head.
Primary Responsibilities of the Middle 8th Grade Math Teacher:
- The 8th grade math teacher is responsible for the planning, consistent documentation, and implementation of the middle school math program, in accordance with the school’s educational philosophy, established scope and sequence, and adopted resources.
- Estimated course load: Teach two sections of 8th grade math; teach a weekly rotation; and participate in bi-weekly study halls.
- Engage in self-reflection and professional growth through goal setting, participation in the PGP program, attending PD opportunities, and ongoing dialog with Middle School Head. Use Folio to document growth.
- Lead an advisory group of 8th grade students, collaborate with the grade-level team on content.
- Collaborate with Middle School Learning Specialist, School Counselor, Middle School Head, and Dean of Student Life in providing students with academic and social support, and attend family/support meetings as needed.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in staff, middle school division, math department, team meetings as needed to accomplish the goals of the program.
- Facilitate and record notes for advisees’ student led Fall and Spring parent conferences.
- Develop and implement robust assessment practices; provide regular feedback to students.
- Prepare trimester report cards and midterm reports.
- Guide student portfolio work.
- Coordinate math fieldtrips and participate in advisory fieldtrips throughout the year.
- Communicate regularly with families (send assessed work home, and write posts to class websites and Family Tree articles).
- Lead a Grove.
- Participate in the middle school internal subbing program.
- Supervise students during lunch, recess, and middle school assemblies.
- Collaborate with the grade-level team in planning and implementing New Student Orientation.
Additional Program Expectations:
- Supports admissions’ work through writing letters of recommendation, hosting tours and visitors, as well as participating in the Middle School Open House.
- Participate in the Middle School Back to School Night.
- Participate in Camp Live Oak.
- Support students during one evening event, such as the Middle School Music Festival, middle school dance, or movie night.
- Attend the Corporation Meeting/Art Show.
- Participate in the outdoor ed/travel overnight education trip.
- Write speeches for graduates and attend the Eighth Grade Reflections Ceremony.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org