The San Francisco School
Teach with us at The San Francisco School!
Come cultivate + celebrate the intellectual, imaginative + humanitarian promise of each student.
7th Grade Math Teacher
50% FTE position
Starts August 7, 2020
We seek a team member with a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Education or a subject area field who is:
- talented, student-centered + inspiring educator.
- mathematician or engineer who loves guiding students to discover mathematical concepts.
- inquiry-based classroom teacher.
- innovator in a 1:1 iPad learning environment.
- culturally competent, engaged community member.
- excellent communicator + collaborator.
- compassionate guide for the Middle School years.
- stand-up comedian…or at least has a good sense of humor.
- Teach 2 sections of 7th Grade Math
- Use Open-up Resources by Illustrative Mathematics as the foundational math curriculum
- Collaborate with department colleagues + Middle School Mathematics Curriculum Coordinator to design + implement courses
- Deepen conceptual understanding
- Develop students’ study skills + work habits
- Differentiate learning
- Partner with parents/guardians
- Foster a love + joy for mathematical thinking
- Create project-based learning opportunities
- Integrate technology into teaching + learning
- Explore established + emerging best pedagogical practices
- Support students in 6th and 8th Grades for either extra help or to extend learning as determined with department colleagues
The San Francisco School: An independent school, pre-K through eighth grade, with a commitment to a multicultural + inclusive community. The San Francisco School embraces San Francisco’s ethnic, cultural + economic diversity. Our progressive approach to education encourages children to develop self-reliance, strong academic skills, creativity, + a sense of social justice. They graduate academically prepared, inquisitive, courageous, + eager for the challenges ahead.
We are committed to increasing staff diversity, both to reflect the high value SFS places on multicultural understanding + for the direct benefit of each student.
How to Apply:
If you are ready to join us, send a single document by April 20, 2020 with your letter of interest, resume + 3 references to: email@example.com. For more information see us at www.sfschool.org or call us at 415.239.5065
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org