San Francisco Day School
Upper Elementary Teacher
Full-time / 2020-21 School Year
Join our team at SF Day!
At San Francisco Day School, we believe that when intellect and imagination are intertwined, students delight in the discovery of connection: in their academic and creative pursuits, in their relationships, and in all that they experience here. Every day we help our students emerge as flexible and resourceful learners. Because when we do, our students light up with the call and capacity to take on the complexities of their day and of a diverse world.
- A compassionate educator and role model that understands and enjoys teaching young adolescents?
- A curious and creative teacher excited to bridge intellect and imagination in the classroom?
- Passionate about working with variable learners and developing curriculum informed by Universal Design for Learning?
- Excited to learn, teach, and grow in a hands-on, 1:1 iPad learning environment that embraces design thinking?
- An effective communicator and thoughtful listener?
- An engaged and inclusive community member eager to partner with families, students, and colleagues?
Yes? Then read on!
SF Day Fast Facts
- Independent, co-educational school
- Founded in 1981
- Serving over 400 students
- Located in the heart of San Francisco
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 3 years teaching experience and a strong curricular background
- Proficient technology skills including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office
- Experience with Universal Design for Learning framework a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Teach an upper elementary class of approximately 22 students; cover subject areas including language arts, social studies, and mathematics
- Collaborate with teams to design and implement an interdisciplinary, thematic-based, experiential curriculum
- Participate in all aspects of faculty life, including outdoor education and service learning
- Foster a love of learning in every student
Ready to Join SF Day?
SF Day celebrates and welcomes faculty and staff who reflect the broad range of diversity in the Bay Area. We encourage people of color and LGBTQ+ applicants to apply. SF Day offers excellent benefits and a competitive salary.
Please apply online with a cover letter and current resume:
No phone calls, please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org