The San Francisco School
Teach with us at The San Francisco School!
Come cultivate + celebrate the intellectual, imaginative + humanitarian promise of each student.
2nd Grade Co-Head Teacher (50%) + K-4 Lower School STEAM Specialist (50%)
Combines to one 100% FTE position
Starts August 7, 2020
We seek a team member who is:
- Eager to implement lessons based on SFS Mission and SFS Educational Philosophy
- Passionate about and enjoys working with children
- Ready to collaborate on teaching teams
- Excited about designing and conducting integrated, engaging, and inclusive STEAM programming experiences
- Ready to assure students are joyfully engaged
- Responsible, adaptable, creative, flexible, and takes initiative
- A talented, student-centered + inspiring educator
- A culturally competent, engaged community member
- An excellent communicator
- A stand-up comedian or at least has a good sense of humor
The Core of the Work:
- Plan and manage a dynamic classroom environment where all students feel seen and valued
- Collaborate with Lower School colleagues to assure coherence, relevance and vibrancy of program
- Work closely with Lower School colleagues and the Director of Design, Engineering, and Technology to integrate STEAM skills and concepts into existing projects and work to develop new ones.
- Communicate regularly with parents/guardians
- Supervise and support inclusive + fair play
- Maintain fluency with technology and digital citizenship
- Continue to develop relevant professional knowledge and skills, particularly as related to academic and cultural competencies
The San Francisco School: An independent school, pre-K through eighth grade, with a commitment to a multicultural + inclusive community. The San Francisco School embraces San Francisco’s ethnic, cultural + economic diversity. Our progressive approach to education encourages children to develop self-reliance, strong academic skills, creativity, + a sense of social justice. They graduate academically prepared, inquisitive, courageous, + eager for the challenges ahead.
We are committed to increasing staff diversity, both to reflect the high value SFS places on multicultural understanding + for the direct benefit of each student.
How to Apply:
If you are ready to join us, send a single document by February 25th, 2020 with your letter of interest, resume + 3 references to: email@example.com.
For more information see us at www.sfschool.org or call us at 415.239.5065
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org