Children's Day School
Children’s Day School (CDS) is a co-educational preschool through eighth grade serving over 470 students in the Mission Dolores neighborhood of San Francisco. Spanning two campuses, and home to a diverse community of students, faculty and families, CDS is a vibrant learning community. Our teachers practice constructivist teaching; born of “learning by doing,” it is how we achieve excellent academics. We believe by encouraging children to fully engage in complex topics, and in myriad ways, we are giving them tools to become lifelong learners and passionate citizens of the world. To learn more about CDS, visit our website at www.cds-sf.org.
We are looking for someone in a part-time teacher credentialing program who is interested in learning the art and science of teaching while working full time to support one of our upper elementary classrooms.
- Team: Collaborate, problem-solve and communicate with classroom teaching team members and assist in planning and implementing a rigorous, child-centered, developmentally appropriate curriculum.
- Children: Encourage children to take initiative to solve problems and pursue their own educational interests. Help children think, investigate and ask questions as part of the educational process. Strive to meet each child’s individual needs.
- Families: Support a physically and emotionally safe environment that nurtures and facilitates the development of both children and families.
The ideal candidate will:
- Demonstrate the ability to take initiative, work passionately and joyfully, and collaborate effectively with colleagues, students and parents.
- Actively engage in learning the theory and practice of progressive, constructivist education.
- Display a passion for lifelong learning and a commitment to personal-professional growth.
- Model behavior and language that supports our mission and our program.
- Work effectively with children, families, and staff of diverse backgrounds and family structures.
- Enthusiastically contribute to the classroom and school by taking on useful tasks, large and small.
- Apply an understanding of the developmental stages of children when observing and working with individual children.
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills and contribute meaningfully to the twice-yearly progress report-writing process.
- The successful candidate will have:
- A bachelor’s degree
- Participation in teacher credentialing program or coursework
- Experience with Responsive Classroom (or commitment to being trained)
- Spanish speakers are highly encouraged to apply
CDS is a racially and ethnically diverse community and we seek the same in our faculty and staff.
Salary will be based on qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits offered including medical, dental and vision insurance and a retirement plan.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com