Founded in 1887, Head-Royce is an independent, non-denominational, coeducational college-preparatory, K-12 school, which offers a challenging educational program to educate the whole child. The mission of the school is to inspire in our students a life-long love of learning and pursuit of academic excellence, to promote understanding of and respect for the diversity that makes our society strong, and to encourage active and responsible citizenship. More information about the school can be obtained on our website: www.headroyce.org.
This is a 10-month faculty position to lead the advancement of 21st century digital learning goals for our K-8 teachers and students. The Technology Integrationist will provide faculty professional development to enhance our vision of thorough integration of technology in classrooms, and model best practices in teaching digital skills to students, and will collaborate with the HRS Technology Director and faculty in the design and implementation of a one-to-one program. The Technology Integrationist reports to the Technology Director and closely coordinates with the Lower School and Middle School Heads.
Specific duties include:
Faculty Support for Technology:
• Collaborate regularly with teachers to design innovative, integrated, differentiated activities and lessons that support grade level classroom curriculum and projects in their classrooms
• Help in the selection of specific devices, locations, and shared teaching efforts that best enhance student learning
• Research the latest and most effective trends in educational technology and provide training for teachers individually, in teams, or in workshops
Teaching and Technology Curriculum:
• Plan and implement a relevant and developmentally appropriate progression of technology skills and computer science education for K-8 students
• Teach specific Lower School classes as designated
• Develop lessons for lab and class integration with grade level teachers
• Consult with Middle School faculty on special technology projects, as needed
• Direct the use and care of devices, including classroom computers and tablets
• Maintain software subscriptions for students
• Support the development of the one to one program beginning with 6th grade and continue as it expands through the school
• Work closely with the Technology Director and collaborate with others in the department in planning and teaching tech workshops for K-12 faculty and parents
• Perform regular teacher playground duties and attend scheduled faculty, department, and division meetings
The successful applicant will have at least a Bachelor’s degree, and 3-5 years of experience in technology, preferably in the Education field. Experience working with teachers in a classroom setting is strongly preferred, as well as a working knowledge of innovative classroom curriculum.
Head-Royce is committed to attracting and retaining outstanding employees through a competitive compensation package. The school provides a strong professional development program including funding for conferences, advanced education and other unique professional opportunities.
Applicants should send a cover letter and resume in PDF format to: Crystal Land, Assistant Head of School/Academic Dean via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include: “K-8 Tech Integrationist” in the subject line of your email. No phone inquiries please. Head-Royce School is an equal opportunity employer.