CDS is looking for substitute preschool teachers. Reporting to the Preschool Program Director, the teacher is responsible for assisting the classroom teaching team in providing a developmentally appropriate preschool program for a mixed-age class (ages 3-5) of 24 children. To learn more about CDS, visit our website at www.cds-sf.org.
· Team: Collaborate, problem-solve and communicate with classroom teaching team members
· Curriculum: Assist in planning and implementing an exciting, challenging, child-centered and developmentally appropriate preschool curriculum.
· Children: Encourage children to take initiative to solve problems and pursue their own educational interests. Help children think, investigate and ask questions as part of the educational process. Strive to meet each child’s individual needs. Observe and record students’ development in collaboration with the teaching team.
· Families: Support a physically and emotionally safe environment that nurtures and facilitates the development of both children and families. Collaborate with families toward their child’s success.
The successful candidate will:
· Have at least a Bachelors degree in early childhood education or a related field and at least 12 ECE units. These are REQUIREMENTS.
· Meet licensing experience requirements (i.e. have worked at least three hours/day for 50 days in an early childhood setting within the last two years).
· Be fluent in Spanish
· Be able to lift 40 lbs (the weight of the average preschool child)
Salary will be based on qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits offered including medical, dental and vision insurance and a retirement plan.
CDS is an equal opportunity employer.