St. Paul’s Episcopal School, located across from Lake Merritt in Oakland, enrolls 360 boys and girls from diverse backgrounds in Kindergarten – Grade 8. St. Paul’s provides an education that is intellectually challenging, culturally pluralistic, and morally and spiritually enriching. Caring, committed faculty members, in partnership with parents, serve as role models, mentors and guides. St. Paul’s has an academically talented and ethnically diverse student body and seeks the same in its faculty.
St. Paul’s seeks to fill the Guest Teacher (Substitute Teacher) position, for the 2014-2015 academic year, with cheerful, enthusiastic and a dynamic individual who:
• have attained a BA degree
• have experience working with children (K-8) in a formal stetting. (required)
• demonstrate warmth toward children and a good sense of humor.
• have excellent communication skills with both children and adults.
• value collegiality with other teachers and administrators.
• want to learn and are willing to accept direction and guidance.
• take initiative and pay attention to detail.
Class size is 24 students.
No Phone Calls Please.
Email cover letter, resume and references to the following people:
Middle School Candidates (6th-8th Grade) and Specialist Candidates (Art, Music, PE, Technology and Spanish):
Christine Fairless, Director of Sixth Grade and Middle School
Lower School Candidate (Kindergarten-5th Grade):
Khadija Fredericks, Director of Lower School
Compensation is $18/hour or $126/day
We fully and actively support equal opportunity for all people, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation.