Children’s Day School (CDS) in San Francisco is looking for a Preschool Teacher who is fluent in Spanish. Reporting to the Head Teacher of the class and the Preschool Program Director, the Spanish Teacher is responsible for assisting the Head Teacher and classroom teaching team in providing a developmentally appropriate preschool program for a mixed-age class (ages 3-5) of 24 children. To learn more about CDS, visit our website at www.cds-sf.org.
· Team: Collaborate, problem-solve and communicate with classroom teaching team members
· Curriculum: Assist in planning and implementing an exciting, challenging, child-centered and developmentally appropriate preschool curriculum. Speak in Spanish to students throughout the day.
· Children: Encourage children to take initiative to solve problems and pursue their own educational interests. Help children think, investigate and ask questions as part of the educational process. Strive to meet each child’s individual needs.
· Families: Support a physically and emotionally safe environment that nurtures and facilitates the development of both children and families. Collaborate with families toward their child’s success.
The ideal candidate will:
· Be fluent in Spanish and interact with the children in their regular activities in Spanish
· Demonstrate the ability to take initiative, work passionately and joyfully, and collaborate effectively with colleagues, students and parents.
· Apply an understanding of the developmental stages of children when observing and working with individual children.
· Model behavior and language that supports our mission and our program.
· Display excellent rapport with children and families and channel difficult communications through the Head Teacher.
· Express the desire and ability to take on increasing responsibility in the classroom and the CDS community, and to participate generously.
· Display a passion for learning and a commitment to personal-professional growth.
· Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills and contribute meaningfully to the twice-yearly progress report-writing process.
· Keep classroom, storage areas, bathrooms and outside areas neat and orderly.
· Work effectively with children, families, and staff of diverse backgrounds and family structures.
· Be proficient in technology: email, word processing, photos, etc. Comfort with blogging a plus.
The successful candidate will:
· Have at least a bachelor’s degree in early childhood education or a related field (at least 12 ECE units are required).
· Meet licensing experience requirements (i.e. have worked at least three hours/day for 50 days in an early childhood setting within the last two years).
· Be fluent in Spanish
· Be able to lift 40 lbs (the weight of the average preschool child)
Salary will be based on qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits offered including medical, dental and vision insurance and a retirement plan.
CDS is a racially and ethnically diverse community and we seek the same in our faculty and staff.
Send resume, cover letter and names of three references. E-mail preferred.
Kasi Campbell, Assistant to the Head
Children's Day School
333 Dolores Street
San Francisco, CA 94110
(415) 861-5419 (fax)