Children’s Day School (CDS) in San Francisco is looking for a talented Head Teacher to lead one of our lower elementary classrooms. We are seeking an experienced teacher with proven leadership ability who knows how to work with students whose love of learning and high sense of social responsibility match their high academic skills. To learn more about CDS, visit our website at www.cds-sf.org
• Expertly designing and implementing an engaging, constructivist, age-appropriate curriculum. Areas of teaching responsibility include, but are not limited to: language arts, math, science, social science, health and human sexuality, library skills.
• Fostering and encouraging the socio-emotional growth of each student.
• Writing biannual progress report narratives for each student, producing weekly classroom blogs and ongoing reporting to parents.
• Enthusiastically collaborating with and mentoring a full-time Associate Teacher.
• Active participation in weekly meetings with colleagues and supervisors.
• Overseeing and managing classroom budget.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
• Strong commitment to building a learning community where the people, culture and curriculum reflect the racial, ethnic, economic and family diversity of San Francisco.
• Ability to take initiative, work passionately and joyfully, and form effective partnerships with teachers, administrators and parents.
• Willingness to give and receive effective feedback to and from students and colleagues.
• Commitment to developing professionally as an educator and supporting the development of others.
• Passion for working with elementary-age youth.
• Respectful authority in the classroom.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Effective time management and organizational skills.
• Proficiency in technology.
The successful candidate will have:
• A bachelor’s degree or higher
• 3+ years teaching at the lower elementary level
• A California teaching credential, or be working towards a teaching credential • Experience with Responsive Classroom (and/or interest in being trained)
• Experience with Readers and Writers Workshop (and/or interest in being trained)
• Spanish speakers preferred
Salary will be based on qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits offered including medical, dental and vision insurance and a retirement plan.
CDS is an equal opportunity employer.
Send resume, cover letter and names of 3 references. E-mail preferred.
Children's Day School
333 Dolores Street
San Francisco, CA 94110