• Team: Collaborate, problem-solve and communicate with classroom teaching team members and assist in planning and implementing a rigorous, child-centered, developmentally appropriate curriculum.
• Children: Encourage children to take initiative to solve problems and pursue their own educational interests. Help children think, investigate and ask questions as part of the educational process. Strive to meet each child’s individual needs.
• Families: Support a physically and emotionally safe environment that nurtures and facilitates the development of both children and families.
The ideal candidate will:
• Demonstrate the ability to take initiative, work passionately and joyfully, and collaborate effectively with colleagues, students and parents.
• Take initiative to give and receive effective feedback to and from students and colleagues.
• Apply an understanding of the developmental stages of children when observing and working with individual children.
• Model behavior and language that supports our mission and our program.
• Display excellent rapport with children and families and channel difficult communication through the Head Teacher.
• Express the desire and ability to take on increasing responsibility in the classroom and the CDS community, and participate generously.
• Display a passion for learning and a commitment to personal-professional growth.
• Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills and contribute meaningfully to the twice-yearly progress reports.
• Work effectively with children, families, and staff of diverse backgrounds and family structures.
The successful candidate will have:
• A bachelor’s degree
• A California teaching credential
• Experience with Responsive Classroom (or commitment to being trained)
• Spanish speakers are highly encouraged to apply
Salary will be based on qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits offered including medical, dental and vision insurance and a retirement plan.
CDS is a racially and ethnically diverse community and we seek the same in our faculty and staff.