F.T.E.: 100%; start July 1, 2014
Reports to: Assistant Head of School
Direct reports: Assistant Director of Admission; Admission Manager; Admission Associate
Salary: commensurate with experience; medical and dental benefits included
Located in the Presidio of San Francisco, The Bay School is an independent, college preparatory high school committed to providing its students with a challenging, innovative curriculum and a collaborative, supportive community. Our flexible, open-minded staff and faculty members (“staffulty”) foster and model curiosity, critical thinking, intentionality, good humor and respect for diversity. As co-builders of a young high school, they contribute to a positive community. Our campus also serves as headquarters for the BATDC (Bay Area Teachers Development Collaborative).
The Bay School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to having a faculty, staff and student body that reflect the rich diversity of the Bay Area. We strongly encourage candidates of color to apply.
The Director collaborates with the Leadership Team to envision and enroll a student body whose composition, diversity and potential will enable the school to fulfill the ambitious mission approved by the Board of Trustees. S/he leads the Admission Team to develop and implement both a multi-year strategy and annual action plans to meet school-wide admission and enrollment goals. Overall, the director of admission is charged with:
· developing strong relationships with multiple community organizations and middle schools
· designing and improving admission-related systems
· activating the school community—staffulty, students, parents and alumni– in support of the admission process
· collaborating with the communications team to develop outreach materials which support many facets of the admissions program
· working in concert with the Leadership Team to continue increasing the yield of applicants who will increasingly reflect the richness and diversity of the Bay Area
- Develops long and short term admission strategies and activates the school community to meet annual admission goals in compliance with the NAIS and CAIS Principles of Good Practice and the Bay Area Admission Directors agreements.
- Researches and targets multiple sources of potential applicants and plans for Bay School representatives to present at recruitment events including open houses, fairs and other gatherings of potential applicants.
- Thoughtfully visions and implements admission practices and systems to advance the school’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Works closely with the Communication team to develop compelling, creative materials, platforms and messages to clarify, strengthen and advance the school’s brand and reputation to targeted audiences.
- Plans, implements and constantly improves the autumn open house program.
- Organizes, assigns and prepares the staffulty to assume various roles and shared responsibilities in the admissions process.
- Serves as the primary contact, educator and cultivator of relationships with middle school placement counselors, leaders of community organizations and educational consultants.
- Supervises, supports, and evaluates members of the admission team (Assistant Director, Admission Manager and Admission Associate) developing a strong culture of high performance, mutual support and professional growth.
- Delegates to teammates the primary responsibility for organizing and training student A-Team leaders and for sustaining widespread student stewardship of the open house, applicant visit and re-visit programs.
- Selects, trains and supervises the parent admission coordinators who will in turn recruit and engage approximately 100 parent volunteers to support open houses and campus tours.
- Directs trains and supervises the staffulty admission committee which will read and assess student applications from a large candidate pool.
- Collaborates with admission teammates to manage the student visit and interview processes; oversees the training of staffulty and alum interviewers.
- With the Admission and College Counseling teams and the Academic Dean, develops a robust data collection and analysis capacity to inform the admission process and track student success.
- With the admission team and dean of students office, designs the new student outreach and welcome.
- Collaborates with the Head of School, Assistant Heads of School and the Trustee representative to the admission process to develop and support financial aid policies, strategy and tactics to allocate tuition assistance funds in support of multiple enrollment goals (sustaining or increasing enrollment of well-suited applicants, supporting the school’s historic commitment to diversity and maximizing revenue).
- Presents to the Board of Trustees as requested by the Head of School and serves as an advisor to 6-8 students.
Interested candidates should submit their c.v./resume as well as a letter of introduction that addresses their interest in The Bay School and the position to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to discuss more about the position before submitting your materials, please indicate that in an email sent to email@example.com, and we will get back to you.