Reports to: Director of Development
Status: Full Time
The San Francisco Friends School, a Quaker K-8 school located in the Mission district of San Francisco, seeks a Development Associate to join its Development Office in July 2014. Under direction of the Director of Development, the Development Associate manages all operations in the development database, coordinates logistics for fundraising events, and provides general support to the Development Office. The ideal candidate would be detail-oriented, energetic, and a collaborative problem-solver with a sense of humor and excellent judgement. The Development Associate is a full-time non-exempt twelve month position, with a competitive salary based on experience and qualifications, a comprehensive benefits package and a supportive school community.
- Manage all aspects of the Development database (Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge), including entering and updating all constituent information
- Process and acknowledge all gifts and pledges
- Generate pledge reminders
- Produce mail merges and reports for special events, mailings, etc.
- Work with school’s Business Office to reconcile financial records monthly
- Coordinate the Blue Party, the school’s annual auction, which includes volunteer management, data entry, mailings, donation coordination, event logistics and staffing.
- Work closely with parent volunteers, faculty and administration and outside vendors on special events throughout school year, including but not limited to In Conversation, Booktopia, and other development related events.
- Provide support to Board of Trustees and Parents Association as needed
- Order and manage office supplies for Development Office
- Organize and maintain and effective information filing and retrieval system
- Manage and provide support for other projects as needed
- Provide administrative support to the Director of Development as needed
- Assist when needed with school duties, including phone coverage and reception
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with two to three years of experience
- Database management experience, preferably with Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge or similar fundraising database
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, discretion, good judgment and sense of humor; prior volunteer management helpful
- Ability to handle multiple projects, work independently and produce quality results on schedule
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Some evening/weekend work required
San Francisco Friends School is a K-8 co-educational independent school, started in 2002, that combines outstanding academics with Quaker values of simplicity, integrity, mutual respect, and peaceful problem-solving. Our mission is to educate girls and boys of diverse backgrounds through the collaborative work of students, teachers, parents and community members, with a particular emphasis on helping children lead enriched lives through intellectual pursuit, spiritual development, and thoughtful citizenship. For more information about San Francisco Friends School or Quaker education, please visit our website at www.sffriendsschool.org or the Friends Council on Education at www.friendscouncil.org.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email a resume and thoughtful cover letter in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org or send by mail to:
Marlene Sloger, Director of Development
San Francisco Friends School
250 Valencia Street
San Francisco, CA 94103