Reports to: Director of Development
Major Responsibilities: The Development Associate’s major function is to support all areas of the Development Office which includes but is not limited to data entry and database management, mailings, fundraising activity, and events.
1. Manage Development Office database including all data input and reports using FileMaker Pro.
o Enter gifts into database and prepare written acknowledgment for each donation.
o Perform complex queries, produce reports and prepare gift and constituent data as needed
o Reconcile with Business Office monthly, quarterly and as needed
o Manage office mailings including scheduling and printing letters and corresponding envelopes; produce nametags for events
2. Support Director of Development, Fundraising and Special Events Manager, and Parent Association to produce events such as Bay Splash (spring fundraiser), New Parent Dinner, Grandparents and Friends Day, Major Donor Reception, etc.
3. Provide overall support to F&SE Manager and a core leadership team of 6-8 volunteer co-chairs and approximately 75 additional volunteers for Bay School auction. Work closely with Dev Office and Splash operations to ensure smooth financial processing.
• Strong background in database fundamentals, preferably with FileMaker Pro; working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Organization and attention to detail
• Self-starter (thrives with certain degree of independence)
• Ability to anticipate and follow through
• Collegial member of 5-person team and school community in general
• Operate well under deadline pressures
• Grasp big picture and anticipate needs of the office
• Understanding and enthusiasm for the mission of The Bay School including a commitment to issues of diversity, equity and inclusion
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Subject line: Dev. Assoc.
The Bay School of San Francisco does not discriminate on the basis of an applicant’s race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.