80% FTE/ Start date: August 2013
Overview of Position
The San Francisco School seeks a Development Assistant who will be a key member of the three-person Development and Communication Office. The Development Assistant plays an important role by providing administrative support to the Development Office and participating in all fundraising activities including fundraising and donor cultivation events, public and donor relations, direct mail appeals, and office management. Other responsibilities include producing pledge reminders and report production, donor acknowledgements, prospect research, and management of social media presence. General responsibilities will also include shared Administrative tasks.
· Associates or bachelor’s degree in a related field
· A minimum of three years’ experience in an administrative position, preferably in a not-for-profit development office
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, InDesign and PowerPoint
· Database management experience – Sage 50 preferred
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills
· Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing
· Ability to organize and prioritize work
· Ability to work independently with little supervision
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Excellent client service skills
· All prospective employees must be able to clear a background check and TB screening
Overview of School
The San Francisco School is an independent school, pre-K through eighth grade, with a commitment to a multicultural and inclusive community. Suitably characterized by one parent as an “urban school with a village atmosphere,” the school embraces San Francisco’s ethnic, cultural, and economic diversity. Our progressive approach to education encourages children to develop self-reliance, solid academic skills, creativity, and a sense of social justice. Students learn to think like disciplinarians in a field, consider big and central ideas, and can find and develop their own passions. They graduate academically prepared, inquisitive, courageous, and eager for the challenges ahead.
Interested candidates may apply by emailing a resume, cover letter, and references to
Emily Garlock, Associate Director of Development, email@example.com. No phone calls please.
All applications will be reviewed the week of July 15, 2013.
Check out our website: www.sfschool.org
The San Francisco School is committed to increasing staff diversity, both to reflect the high value SFS places on a multicultural understanding, and for the direct benefit of each student.