Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton (SHS) is seeking excellent candidates for a full-time Database Administrator position in the Technology department.
SHS Organizational Overview
Founded in 1898, SHS is a Roman Catholic, coeducational, independent school and is comprised of four divisions: SHS Preschool and Kindergarten, SHS Lower and Middle Schools for grades one through eight, and Sacred Heart Preparatory for grades nine through twelve.
Located on a beautiful 64‐acre campus in the San Francisco Bay Area, SHS is one of 23 schools in the U.S. Network of Sacred Heart Schools and is affiliated with a network of over 200 Sacred Heart schools worldwide. The school’s mission is to educate the whole child to be a leader who loves God and serves others.
SHS employs over 250 full‐ and part‐time women and men with a strong commitment to diversity. Nearly 25% of the 1,000+ students are students of color; a significant percentage of the student body receives need‐based tuition assistance; many graduating seniors earn recognition in the National Merit Scholarship program; 100% of our graduates are accepted into four‐year colleges.
The annual budget of SHS is more than $30 million and the endowment is nearly $40 million, both growing rapidly in recent years and expected to continue growing as enrollment increases toward 1,200 students, and as a result of the capital campaign.
Summary of Position
This position oversees the various user interface systems on campus. The primary applications are the Blackbaud systems: Education Edge, Raiser’s Edge, Financial Edge, NetCommunity, and FAWeb. This includes information safety and security (via user rights and roles), maintaining the system, ensuring that the data structures are maintained, and that the database is properly backed-up and recoverable in the event of a disaster. Additional user interface systems include: finalsite, Blackboard, Rjenda, Infosnap and OneNote.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Including, but not limited to:
• Maintaining application services for constituents, including Blackbaud NetCommunity, Education Edge, Financial Edge, Raiser’s Edge, and Active Directory.
– Resolving operational problems of the systems and end-user technical questions with all Blackbaud applications and services.
– Installing and deploying application updates, plug-ins and patches.
– Creating reports and exports and supporting queries.
– Performing beginning- and end-of year functions such as enrollment, progression, un-enrollment.
– Migrating students into the SIS and exporting information from the SIS into the CMS.
– Importing and exporting data for various departments and programs.
– Acting as primary point of contact for reporting requests, including mining of data and running reports.
– Extracting data from Blackbaud and providing interfaces for student schedules, course registrations, online forms via Infosnap, etc., and making bulk changes to student data, as necessary.
• Maintaining 3rd party applications that interface with the SIS and other Blackbaud products including: Crystal, Infosnap, Mail-o-Matic, and Auction Maestro.
• Importing students, teachers and courses into Blackboard, Rjenda, and OneNote.
• Importing constituents into finalsite.
• Assessing database needs and making recommendations for future technologies.
• Working collaboratively with the technology team.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Education
• Fluency with Blackbaud software preferred.
• BS in Computer Science or related field.
• At least three years of related experience.
• Must work well in a collaborative team environment as well as independently.
• Needs strong organizational skills and must be detail-oriented, with ability to multi-task and meet multiple competing deadlines.
• Must have strong interpersonal skills, particularly to work closely with vendors and employees.
• Fluency in reading, writing and speaking in English.
• Ability to work well with K-12 students and with adult colleagues; willingness to be an active, enthusiastic member of the tight-knit SHS community.
• Commitment to equity and inclusion.
• A clear understanding of and appreciation for the Goals and Criteria of a Sacred Heart education.
• Excellent attendance and punctuality.
• Must be able to travel safely and comfortably across 64-acre campus
• Must be able to frequently, safely and comfortably lift at least 50 lbs.
• Exposed to a combination of normal office type environments, outdoors and shop environments
• Must be able to comfortably and safely climb, bend, pull, reach, kneel, stoop and see for near and far work.
• Must be able to view and operate a computer and related technology and equipment at least 90% of working time.
This is a year-round position.
The advertised position offers a competitive salary. SHS has a policy of making health and welfare benefits available to employees, subject to the plan parameters, including medical and dental coverage. In addition, all employees are eligible to enjoy a prepared lunch each school day starting on the first day worked.
Please apply online by sending a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or, you may mail your resume and cover letter to:
Sacred Heart Schools
150 Valparaiso Avenue
Atherton, CA 94027
ATTN: HR/ Database Administrator 2013
Please reference Database Administrator 2013 when submitting your resume and cover letter for consideration. You MUST indicate Database Administrator 2013 in the subject line of an email submission.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis; positions will remain open until filled.
Pre‐employment background screening is required for all positions.
For more information on Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton, please see our website at: http://apptrkr.com/311966
Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton believes that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, age, disability, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, veteran status, or any other class protected under federal, state or local laws.
As a faith-based institution, we reserve the right to use religion as a criterion in hiring decisions, as permitted by law, as it relates to performing essential job duties.