• Provide regular updates on the campaign using a prospect management system. Ensure that accurate information is maintained on major gift prospects. Maintain and create various key Advancement reports and mailing lists to track fundraising activities.
• Responsible for the gift processing, prospect management and database management efforts of the Advancement Services team as related to campaign.
• Design and maintain policies/procedures, prospect management, reporting and statistical analysis.
• Track and record staff and volunteer interactions with prospects as well as tracking mailings, invitations and attendance records.
• Process campaign gifts and pledge payments; enter RSVPs and other information into the database as needed. Prepare donor acknowledgement and pledge reminders.
• Provide research and analysis of biographical, philanthropic, professional and financial information of donors and prospects. Prepare written profiles, rating memos, event bios and qualified lists to support the cultivation of individuals. Perform quantitative analysis to determine capacity ratings based on financial data to qualify prospects.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task in an environment with competing deadlines. Ability to develop written reports communicating findings. Knowledge of office protocol and ability to keep information confidential.
• Donor acknowledgement: produce and mail thank you/receipt letters to all campaign donors. Letters to be signed by Director of Advancement and/or Head of School.
• Create custom, detailed reports and necessary materials related to the campaign. Track progress of the campaign through financial and moves management reports.
• Assist with campaign communications, including written correspondence and memos. Help produce collateral material including brochures, naming opportunities and other campaign related materials.
• Provide administrative support as needed for the department.
• Other Advancement projects as directed.
Experience and Qualifications
• Experience and knowledge of the principles and practices associated with fundraising.
• Significant experience in using databases, data-entry, and in research including using the internet and web-based tools.
• Self-motivator. Must be able to take initiative to meet deadlines in a time-sensitive environment with attention to detail and accuracy.
• Experience with donor information databases is highly desired (Filemaker Pro or Raisers’ Edge).
• Strong computer skills and proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
• Demonstrated ability to work as an effective team member in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills required. Ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse staff, alumni and students. Must be able to deal with highly confidential information.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Minimum of three years in development/advancement or a related field.
Salary will be based on qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits offered including medical, dental and vision insurance and a retirement plan.
CDS is an equal opportunity employer.
Send resume and cover letter via email to Kasi Campbell at firstname.lastname@example.org.