The Middle School Flag Football assistant coach will be someone who can teach basic football skills to boys who are new to the sport, while developing the skills and abilities of more experienced athletes. The coach will also emphasize the values of sportsmanship, character, and teamwork.
Practice begins Monday, September 10th and ends in late October. Practices will be from 2:45 to 4:00pm Monday through Thursday. Games will be held in the late afternoons and early evenings.
Essential Responsibilities & Accountabilities
• Work closely with the head coach to organize and conduct practices
• Help develop & coordinate a competitive program
• Other duties which may be assigned by Middle School Head and/or Athletics Coordinator
• Previous coaching experience at the middle school, high school, or
• Experience as an athlete in a competitive program
• Knowledge of physiology and general levels of development of this age group
• Commitment to inclusion, equity, and leadership
Job Skills/Behavioral Skills Required
• Must be able to work as a team member and be self-directed
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
• Driven to become part of a larger school community
• The highest level of integrity
How to apply: Please send a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information for three references to Human Resources, via e-mail to email@example.com. Please put “Middle School Flag Football Assistant Coach” in the subject line. No calls please. Bentley School is an equal opportunity employer.