Cathedral School for Boys seeks an energetic, responsible, knowledgeable, physical education teacher for grades K-4 whose teaching/coaching approach aligns with the school’s mission and philosophy. This is a full time position.
* Plan and teach developmentally appropriate physical education classes daily to grades kindergarten through fourth grade
* Teach a Health and Nutrition Unit to grades kindergarten through fourth grade
* Collaborate with athletic director
* Coach two to three middle school athletic teams a year (cross-country, soccer,
basketball, volleyball or baseball) including weekend responsibilities
* Teach grade appropriate sport techniques and rules
* Assess and report student progress
* Order physical education and recess equipment
* Maintain sports equipment, areas and facilities
* Attend weekly faculty meetings and chapel services
• Experience in health education, physical education, adventure activities, and coaching youth sports (minimum of three years classroom experience)
• Ability to analyze student behaviors, identify challenges, and suggest solutions
• Strong verbal communication skills
• Strong organization skills, including time management and follow-up
• Ability to work effectively in a team
• Knowledge of child cognitive development and different learning styles
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an accredited college or university with appropriate course work in health education and/or physical education
Cathedral School for Boys is an equal opportunity employer and promotes the principles and practices of diversity throughout the school community. People of color are encouraged to apply. Compensation is competitive and includes health, dental and vision insurance and TIAA/CREF annuity program.
To learn more about Cathedral School for Boys, visit www.cathedralschool.net
Interested individuals should e-mail cover letter, résumé and references.