The successful candidate will be flexible and adaptable enough to work collaboratively with the lead teachers as well as the entire third grade team. Candidates should have knowledge of the developmental needs of seven and eight year old children. Duties include but are not limited to assisting the lead teacher with whole class and group instruction, classroom management, conflict resolution, supervision during recess and lunch, and organization of classroom materials.
The ideal candidate should also be committed to issues of diversity, leadership, inclusion, and equality. Candidates who reflect the broad range of diversity of the Bay Area are encouraged to apply. Previous independent school experience is desirable.
• An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree from a two or four year accredited college or university in Early Childhood or Elementary Education
• A passion for working with young people
• A desire to collaborate in a dynamic community of teachers
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Experience in working with elementary students in an academic setting.
To apply: Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No attachments will be considered. No phone calls please.