Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton (SHS) is seeking excellent candidates for an associate/assistant in the Human Resource/Payroll department for the 2013-2014 Academic year. This is a part-time (60%) position, supporting and collaborating with the HR director and the Payroll/Benefits Specialist while participating in the Sacred Heart community. Requirements include recent experience in a similar position and stellar administrative skills. The ideal candidate will also have a demonstrated interest in developing as an HR/Payroll professional and a deep commitment to integrity, service and kindness. Organization Overview Founded in 1898, SHS is a Roman Catholic, coeducational, independent school and is comprised of four divisions: SHS Preschool and Kindergarten, SHS Lower and Middle Schools for grades one through eight, and Sacred Heart Preparatory for grades nine through twelve.
Located on a beautiful 64‐acre campus in the San Francisco Bay Area, SHS is one of 23 schools in the U.S. Network of Sacred Heart Schools and is affiliated with a network of over 200 Sacred Heart schools worldwide. The school’s mission is to educate the whole child to be a leader who loves God and serves others.
SHS employs over 250 full‐ and part‐time women and men with a strong commitment to diversity. Nearly 25% of the 1,000+ students are students of color; 30% of the student body receives need‐based tuition assistance; many graduating seniors earn recognition in the National Merit Scholarship program; 100% of our graduates are accepted into four‐year colleges.Essential Functions• Support payroll process
– Coordinate all e-time, time clock and time sheet processing.
– Set up access and train new employees on timekeeping system.
– Makes adjustments and corrections as necessary in timekeeping system.
– Run reports as directed by Payroll/Benefits Specialist.
– Separates and delivers payroll.
– Assist Payroll /Benefits Specialist in answering payroll related questions.
• Support HR function
– Communicates with new hires- distributes and collects new hire paperwork.
– Responsible for setting up and maintaining personnel files – completes new hire checklist and ensures all related compliance is met.
– Closes out exiting employee file – completes exit checklist and ensures all related compliance is met.
– Assists Payroll/Benefits Specialist in enrolling/maintaining/terminating benefits and requesting COBRA packets.
– Performs VOE.
– Coordinates volunteer driver clearance process.
– Provides assistance with organizing vast amounts of information in database and spreadsheets.
• Assists with related special projects, as required.Qualifications• High school diploma or GED and a minimum of two years of experience in a similar position. BA, PHR or any payroll certification preferred.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding and to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form. Ability to ascertain which people may need immediate assistance and to act accordingly.
• Ability to creatively step in where needed with appropriate boundaries.
• Demonstrated complete discretion and confidentiality required.
• Must demonstrate competency with basic word processing, spreadsheet, data base and internet functions. Experience with ADP Workforce Now and Blackbaud Education Edge strongly preferred.
• Ability to use basic office equipment including but not limited to copiers, laminators, and fax machines.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all constituents in a school environment both verbally and in writing. Ability to also communicate in Spanish, preferred.
• Demonstrated excellent attendance and punctuality.Employment The advertised position offers competitive compensation. SHS has a policy of making health and welfare benefits available to employees based on the length of assignment, percentage of employment and subject to the plan parameters, including medical, dental, Life & LTD, long-term care, 403(b) retirement plan and more. To Apply Please apply online by sending a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You MUST indicate HR/Payroll Associate 13-14 in the subject line of the e‐mail.
Or, you may mail your resume to:
Sacred Heart Schools
150 Valparaiso Avenue
Atherton, CA 94027
Attention Human Resources: HR/Payroll Associate 13-14 Submissions will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Pre‐employment background screening is required for all positions.
For more information on Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton, please see our website at: http://www.shschools.org.
Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton believes that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, age, disability, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, veteran status, or any other class protected under federal, state or local laws.
As a faith-based institution, we reserve the right to use religion as a criterion in hiring decisions, as permitted by law, as it relates to performing essential job duties.Copyright ©2013 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency