Katherine Delmar Burke School is an independent K-8 girls’ school located on a 3.5 acre campus in San Francisco. Based on a 100-year tradition of educational excellence, Burke’s today is one of California’s leading elementary schools. The school combines strong academic and co-curricular programs with an emphasis on personal growth in a diverse and inclusive community. We emphasize the development of fundamental and higher level critical thinking skills in an atmosphere of creativity, exploration, and academic rigor.
The Associate Director of Admissions reports to and supports the work of the Director of Admissions, and is responsible for the overall organization of the Admissions Office. The Associate Director of Admissions, will serve as a primary contact to prospective families through the admissions process, and as such we are looking for a dynamic individual with strong verbal and written communication skills, keen analytical skills, and a flexible problem solver.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate and organize flow of data for various constituencies.
- Maintain comprehensive admissions files. Ensure accuracy in master files and various support tools. Properly save detailed data to allow for ease of use as part of the admissions process.
- Work on teams with school administrators, support staff, teachers and parents.
- Solve data problems as they arise.
- Collate and dispense admission records for decision committee meetings and other times throughout the year.
- Interface with families in warm and friendly manner providing clear communications and necessary guidance.
- Oversee the flow of all admission events.
- Work in conjunction with Director of Admissions to design program flyers and invitations.
- Coordinate guest lists, event spaces, caterers, and other event details.
- Manage parent tour guides through admissions season.
- Lead occasional group or individual tours.
- Schedule and manage multiple calendars for tours, appointments, assessments, interviews, and school visits.
- Serve as liaison between families and Burke’s summer programming.
- Assist Director of After School and Summer Programs with post-registration duties to support summer programming.
- Provide support to other administrators and staff on special projects outside of the peak admissions season.
Qualifications and Abilities:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or three to five years experience with admission or enrollment management experience and/or office management experience.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Proficiency with Microsoft products and comfort with databases, social media, and emergent technologies.
- Sound judgment relating to confidential projects, personnel, School, or student matters.
- A cooperative team approach with colleagues and a willingness to take on responsibilities beyond those explicitly defined.
- Coverage will be required between the hours of 9:00AM and 5:00PM. Plus, a willingness to work beyond traditional office hours, including some early mornings, evenings and weekends.
The school offers competitive compensation based on prior experience and position requirements. Comprehensive benefits are provided. Burke’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For immediate consideration, please send a cover letter and resume to Sheika Luc, Director of Admissions at email@example.com. Please list Associate Director of Admissions in your subject line. No phone calls please.