Full Time Position. Expected Beginning Date: March 18, 2013Application Deadline: March 4, 2013Position Description:
The Athenian School is looking for an experienced candidate with superior organizational skills, attention to detail and excellent follow-through to support the office of the Head of the Middle School. This person would coordinate all functions of the office of the Head of the Middle School, supporting the Head of the Middle School, the Dean of Students and Middle School faculty in different aspects of their jobs. Core Qualifications:
Outstanding written and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills, ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality in work and ability to work independently on deadline-critical projects are all essential to this position.
•A minimum of three years professional experience as an Executive Assistant
• Impeccable attention to detail; professional demeanor; ability to maintain confidential information; capable multi-tasker and team player
• Strong language and editing skills
• Excellent computer skills: advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), internet search engines, network and file folder management, (graphic design skills/programs a plus), database management
• Commensurate skills of a Bachelor’s Degree
• Maturity to handle a broad spectrum of challengesPreferred Qualifications:
Demonstrated success in a complex, multi-faceted organization
Experience in an educational environment, specifically working with middle school-aged children
Experience working in an independent school Responsibilities include:
• Conducting internal and external communications on behalf of the office of the Middle School Head
• Processing and distribution of student grade reports
• Supporting Middle School faculty with correspondence, copying, covering classes, and maintaining supply inventory
• Serving as Middle School receptionist
• Coordinating communication and interview procedures in the faculty hiring process
• Maintaining comprehensive daily schedule and annual calendar for Head of Middle School’s office; schedule meetings; maintain ongoing calendar for reminders concerning upcoming meetings, trips, annual events and follow up correspondence
• Coordination of graduation ceremony
• Management of substitute teacher process Compensation and Benefits:
This is a full time staff position. Athenian’s salary and benefits are competitive and include medical, vision, and dental insurance, a retirement plan, and a daily prepared lunch.School Description: The Athenian School is a distinctive independent school which prepares its students for college and for lives of meaning and purpose. Athenian encourages students to become life-long learners and infuses them with confidence, independence, personal responsibility and a sense of community. Enrollment in grades 6-12 is 440 students, including 42 boarding students, 30 of whom are international students. For more information about Athenian’s unique educational program, applicants are encouraged to visit our website: www.athenian.org.
The Athenian School is a distinctive independent school that prepares its students for college and for lives of meaning and purpose. Athenian encourages students to become life-long learners and infuses them with confidence, independence, personal responsibility and a sense of community. Enrollment in grades 6-12 is 440 students, including 42 boarding students, 30 of whom are international students. For more information about Athenian’s unique educational program, applicants are encouraged to visit our website: www.athenian.org.
Every employee is an Athenian community member, and as such, embraces the cornerstones of Athenian’s philosophy: respect; open, direct communication; honesty; fairness; responsibility; and dedication to the students in their intellectual and personal growth. Additionally, active support for environmental conservation, international understanding, equity, inclusion, justice, participatory government, outdoor education, and service is essential. Cultural competence is an expectation of employment for all teaching and professional staff at Athenian. As a school that from its founding has valued the worth and integrity of each individual, we are particularly interested in candidates with a proven commitment to teaching and working in a diverse, multicultural setting.
Athenian School strives to attract and retain a faculty and staff of the highest caliber. We have a unique community here, filled with many differing opinions, backgrounds, ideologies and experiences. We have students from all over the globe, our families include a mom and a dad, two moms, two dads, single parents, guardians and stepparents. We have many faiths and those who are non-observant. We represent all income levels. What we share is a belief in Athenian’s mission. By embracing diversity in all forms — gender and gender identity, sexuality, faith, ethnicity, socio-economic status — we encourage students to take intellectual risks, to challenge their own assumptions and to learn to work collaboratively as global citizens and advocates for positive change. We ask that all candidates take time to read about Athenian’s history and philosophy.
The Athenian School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, faith, sex, gender or gender expression, age, ability, sexual orientation, familial or marital status. The Athenian School is actively seeking to create a more culturally diverse school community and as such, we encourage people of color and members of the LGBTIQ community to apply. To Apply:
Please send letter of interest, current resume, and three references via email to: email@example.com. Address letter of interest to Jessica Donovan and make “Assistant to the Office of the Middle School” the subject of your email. Please include the particular source through which you learned about this position.