Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton (SHS) is seeking excellent candidates for Assistant Director of the Center for Student Success for the 2013-2014 Academic year. This position is full-time and supports the Director in the learning resource center. The Assistant Director is part of a team who endeavor to create a culture that promotes self-esteem, a positive attitude toward learning and the optimal attainment of the educational goals of every student in our community. Through one-on-one work with students, we seek to assist students to realize their potential in an environment that promotes self-awareness, self-motivation and self-advocacy in a comprehensively accessible environment. Ideal candidates will also have a demonstrated interest in multicultural education and educational technology and a deep concern for educational access, diversity and inclusion.
Founded in 1898, SHS is a Roman Catholic, coeducational, independent school and is comprised of four divisions: SHS Preschool and Kindergarten, SHS Lower and Middle Schools for grades one through eight, and Sacred Heart Preparatory for grades nine through twelve.
Located on a beautiful 64‐acre campus in the San Francisco Bay Area, SHS is one of 23 schools in the U.S. Network of Sacred Heart Schools and is affiliated with a network of over 200 Sacred Heart schools worldwide. The school’s mission is to educate the whole child to be a leader who loves God and serves others.
SHS employs over 250 full‐ and part‐time women and men with a strong commitment to diversity. Nearly 25% of the 1,000+ students are students of color; 30% of the student body receives need‐based tuition assistance; many graduating seniors earn recognition in the National Merit Scholarship program; 100% of our graduates are accepted into four‐year colleges.
Primary responsibilities include supporting students in the implementation of their learning support plan.
• Teach Learning Support class
• Tutor students one on one in specific subjects
• Mentor students in usage of their accommodations
• Maintain student records in database and in files
• Facilitate annual family team meetings
• Liaison to Academic Advisors
• Liaison to Academic teachers for students in learning disabilities program
• Master’s degree or post graduate work in Special Education with an emphasis in learning differences, reading comprehension or teaching methodology.
• A minimum of five years teaching experience in a learning resource center or classroom environment.
• Willingness to adapt to an existing program as well as contribute ideas to enhance the learning support programs.
• Commitment to equity and inclusion.
• A clear commitment to the mission of the school as articulated in the Goals and Criteria of Sacred Heart Schools.
• Strong leadership ability; enjoy working with children and adolescents.
• Excellent verbal and written skills.
• Ability to work well with students, families and colleagues; willingness to be an active, enthusiastic member of the SHS community.
• Experience of any kind in a Sacred Heart school strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated leadership and facilitative skills.
• Excellent attendance and punctuality.
The advertised position offers competitive compensation. SHS has a policy of making health and welfare benefits available to employees based on the length of assignment and subject to the plan parameters, including medical, dental, Life & LTD, long-term care, 403(b) retirement plan and more.
Please apply online by sending a resume to email@example.com.
You MUST indicate CSS Assistant Director 13-14 in the subject line of the e‐mail.
Or, you may mail your resume to: Sacred Heart Schools , 50 Valparaiso Avenue, Atherton, CA 94027, Attention Human Resources: CSS Assistant Director 13-14
Submissions will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Pre‐employment background screening is required for all positions.
For more information on Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton, please see our website at: http://www.shschools.org.
Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton believes that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, age, disability, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, veteran status, or any other class protected under federal, state or local laws.
As a faith-based institution, we reserve the right to use religion as a criterion in hiring decisions, as permitted by law, as it relates to performing essential job duties.