The Assistant Director of Admissions reports to and supports the work of the Director of Admissions, and is responsible for the overall organization of the Admissions Office and its databases.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help create, organize, and prepare admission materials.
- Speak with interested parents and facilitate admission process by sending packets, booking tours, and making other appointments, as appropriate.
- Schedule individual screens and group visits for Kindergarten and Grade 1 applicants.
- Schedule assessments (as needed) and student visits for Grade 2 – 8 applicants.
- Maintain and insure all applicant files are complete for each applicant.
- Prepare files for reading by Admissions Committee.
- Send out invitations and information to prospective parents.
- Organize and oversee admission events.
- Support the Director of Admissions and other administrators.
Qualifications and Abilities:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or two to five years experience with admission or enrollment management experience and/or office management experience.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Proficiency with Microsoft products and comfort with databases, social media, and emergent technologies.
- Sound judgment relating to confidential projects, personnel, School, or student matters.
- A cooperative team approach with colleagues and a willingness to take on responsibilities beyond those explicitly defined.
- Coverage will be required between the hours of 9:00AM and 5:00PM. Plus, a willingness to work beyond traditional office hours, including some early mornings, evenings and weekends.
The school offers competitive compensation based on prior experience and position requirements. Comprehensive benefits are provided. Burke’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For immediate consideration, please send a cover letter and resume to Sheika Darby-Luc, Director Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.