Lick-Wilmerding High School in San Francisco is a college preparatory, co-educational day school serving approximately 460 students from grades 9-12. Founded in 1895 as a technical arts school and tuition free until 1972, LWHS has a long history of welcoming and supporting students from all walks of life and prides itself on being a private school with public purpose. At LWHS, a diverse student body, faculty, and staff in all its forms is central to what we believe constitutes an excellent education, and we are institutionally committed to ongoing reflective work in order to further define and articulate this complex and worthwhile vision.
The Assistant Director of Admissions – Outreach, oversees the school’s recruiting efforts and initiatives during the admissions process. As an integral member of the Admissions team, the Assistant Director will represent LWHS to a diverse community of prospective students and their families, support all admissions-related events, and fully participate in the consideration and selection of the class of incoming students each year. Our ideal candidate is an enthusiastic, energetic, consummate professional that possesses excellent communication and problem-solving skills. Additional duties and projects will be assigned as needed by the Director of Enrollment.
- Articulate the LWHS mission and educational philosophy persuasively and enthusiastically
- Plan, manage and execute all Admissions related outreach programs during the school year; including calendar of high school fairs, information evenings, and middle school visits
- Serve on planning committee for the SF Public/Parochial High School Fair hosted at LWHS
- Support our campus visit program from October–December: Meet and greet prospective students and their parents, distribute nametags, visit schedules, facilitate information sessions
- Attend all Admissions events including, but not limited to: Open Houses (4), Interview Days (2), Placement Testing Day (1), Singleton Ice Cream Social
- Work closely with middle school placement counselors, as needed
- Cultivate relationships to build awareness about the school amongst families of color and underserved middle school population
- Assist in all aspects of Admissions event production, as needed
- Collaborate effectively with the Admissions team, faculty, staff, and other important constituents of the LWHS school community
- Support the school’s enrollment goals by identifying students who are well-matched based on the LWHS mission and educational philosophy
- Fully support network of actively-involved parent and student volunteers
- Data entry and administrative tasks, as needed
- Three or more years of school admissions experience
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities and projects
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a collaborative environment
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office; Working knowledge of FileMaker Pro a plus
- Bilingual abilities—Spanish/English or Mandarin/English a plus
Please visit www.lwhs.org/employment to apply for the position. Be sure to include a thoughtful letter of interest and your résumé. No calls or faxes, please.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Open until filled.