April 8th – June 15, 2013
Presidio Hill School is seeking an experienced art teacher for a ten-week teaching position, covering a maternity leave. Established in 1918, Presidio Hill School is the oldest progressive school in California. In keeping with that heritage, Presidio Hill continues to offer its students a challenging, project-based curriculum that prepares them for the future by attending to their current developmental needs. Guided by an expert and caring faculty, students learn to be confident and curious, to be creative problem solvers and independent, critical thinkers. Learning is collaborative and active.
• Full time, with teaching assistant
• 10 weeks
• Teaching art to pre-kindergarten through eighth grade students.
• Classes range from 40 to 90 minutes each, depending on the day.
• Experience teaching art, including contemporary art, preferably to elementary and middle school students
• Familiarity with an independent school environment helpful, but not necessary
More information about the school can be found on our website: www.presidiohillschool.org
Presidio Hill School seeks a staff that reflects the broad range of diversity in the Bay Area. We actively support equal opportunity for all people and encourage people of color and LGBT candidates to apply.
Please e-mail a cover letter explaining why your experience is appropriate for this position and a resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Lisa Jeli, Assistant Head of School3839 Washington Street San Francisco, CA 94118.