Lick-Wilmerding High School in San Francisco is a college preparatory, co-educational day school serving approximately 460 students from grades 9-12. Founded in 1895 as a technical arts school and tuition free until 1972, LWHS has a long history of welcoming and supporting students from all walks of life and prides itself on being a private school with public purpose. At LWHS, a diverse student body, faculty, and staff in all its forms is central to what we believe constitutes an excellent education, and we are institutionally committed to ongoing reflective work in order to further define and articulate this complex and worthwhile vision.
Reporting to the Director of Alumni & Development, the Alumni Program Manager is a member of the alumni and development team and is responsible for developing programs, activities, and events that: celebrate LWHS alumni, deepen the school’s relationship with alumni, engage alumni in the life of the school, increase alumni contributions to the school, and build upon the connections of alumni with one another.
- Provide leadership to and serve as liaison for the Lick-Wilmerding-Lux Alumni Association Board, strategic planning for the future of the Board, partner with Board leadership on oversight of Board meetings and activities, and assist in recruitment, orientation, and governance activities of the Alumni Board
- Plan and implement alumni events, activities, and programs geared to engage alumni locally and regionally to increase their connection to and knowledge of the school, including events such as the San Francisco Holiday Party, Tigers Helping Tigers Career Networking, College-age Alumni Lunch, gatherings in Los Angeles, New York, and other areas of the country
- Plan and orchestrate Alumni Reunion Weekend including working with class reunion chairs and organizers and facilitating reunion activities on and off campus
Work with The Fund for LWHS Manager to:
- Create a more robust and active alumni class agent system
- Design and coordinate alumni annual giving solicitations
- Create messaging and solicitation materials
- Steward alumni donors and volunteers
- Manage alumni communications and work collaboratively with other members of the department for the annual alumni magazine, regular electronic newsletters, and maintaining alumni accounts for Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter
- Manage programs geared toward current student engagement, such as the care packages sent to college freshmen and the annual senior class breakfast
- Serve as the school liaison for the parents of alumni (PALS) committee
- Support and staff other events as needed; other duties as assigned
Requirements and Qualifications:
- High degree of integrity and dedication to the LWHS mission
- Some evening/weekend work required
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- A bachelor’s degree and at least 3 years similar experience
- Ability to establish goals and action plans, and to work effectively and collaboratively as part of a team to achieve goals
- Demonstrated success in managing alumni and/or volunteer programs
- Demonstrated skills in planning and executing successful events
- Strong organization skills and detail-oriented
- Strong self-motivation
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and relate well to students, parents, faculty, staff, and others while maintaining appropriate confidentiality
- Computer skills sufficient to fulfill job responsibilities; experience with Blackbaud’s Rasier’s Edge software and social networking a plus
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit www.lwhs.org/employment to apply for the position. Be sure to include a cover letter, résumé, and contact information for three references in MS Word or PDF format. No calls or faxes, please. Preferred deadline to apply: May 8, 2014.
This is a full time position. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. The benefits package is excellent and includes professional development opportunities. This position is open until filled; desired start date is end of June 2014.