The successful candidate will possess the ability to work collaboratively with the childcare team, have positive communication and interactions with parents, students, and teachers. Professional training in conflict resolution is highly desirable. Applicants must also demonstrate knowledge of the developmental needs of K- Gr.8 age students and enjoy working with children. Applicants must be able to work the following schedule: Monday-Thursday: 2:00 PM- 5:00 PM and Fridays 12:00 PM-5:00 PM.
The ideal candidate should also be committed to issues of diversity, leadership, inclusion, and equality. Candidates who reflect the broad range of diversity of the Bay Area are encouraged to apply. Previous independent school experience is desirable.
• Providing safe, fun, educational, and recreational activities
• Supervising indoor and outdoor play activities
• Attending staff meetings
• Using conflict resolution strategies to solve problems between students
• An associate or bachelor’s degree from a two- or four-year accredited college or university in Education, Child Development, or a
closely related field
• Experience in working with elementary students outside of the classroom
• Excellence in interpersonal relationships and communication
• A passion for working with young people
• A desire to collaborate in a dynamic community
• Training in conflict resolution is not required, but highly desirable
These positions involve active play and activities that take place outdoors throughout the school year. Applicants must have reliable transportation and be able to successfully pass a background check.
How to apply: Please send a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information for three references to Roshan Gujar-After School Program Assistant Director, via e-mail to email@example.com. Please put “After School Program Childcare Staff” in the subject line. No calls please. Bentley School is an equal opportunity employer.