The Advancement Associate is a key member of the Advancement Department. With the school is in the final stages of completing the capital campaign to build 601 Dolores, home of CDS’ new middle school campus, major responsibilities of the position include management of all gift processing, acknowledgement and prospect management as it relates to the campaign. The position is also responsible for developing CDS’ alumni programs, activities and events, with the goal of deepening the school’s relationship with alumni, increasing alumni contributions to the school and building upon the connections of alumni with one another.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
· Process campaign gifts and pledge payments; enter RSVPs and other information into the database as needed. Prepare donor acknowledgement and pledge reminders.
· Provide regular updates on the campaign using a prospect management system. Ensure that accurate information is maintained on major gift prospects. Maintain and create various key Advancement reports and mailing lists to track fundraising activities.
· Track and record staff and volunteer interactions with prospects, as well as tracking mailings, invitations and attendance records.
· Provide research and analysis of biographical, philanthropic, professional and financial information of donors and prospects. Prepare written profiles, rating memos, event bios and qualified lists to support the cultivation of individuals. Perform quantitative analysis to determine capacity ratings based on financial data to qualify prospects.
· Create fundraising reports and other database reports as needed.
· Continually update and correct database records.
· Handle all administrative details associated with the Campaign Cabinet Committee and/or the Advancement Committee meetings.
· Assist advancement office colleagues with duties during peak periods.
· Provide administrative support as needed for the department.
· Other duties as assigned by the Director of Advancement.
· Help develop a new alumni program to keep young alumni and parents of alumni engaged in the life of the school with the goal of turning them into lifelong supporters.
· Assume primary responsibility for execution of several alumni and parent of alumni events per year, including reunions.
· Work closely with the communications department to develop a social media presence and create a dedicated newsletter for CDS alumni.
Experience and Qualifications
· Experience and knowledge of the principles and practices associated with fundraising.
· Significant experience in using databases, data entry and research, including use of the internet and web-based tools.
· Self-motivator. Must be able to take initiative to meet deadlines in a time-sensitive environment with attention to detail and accuracy.
· Experience with donor information databases is highly desired (Filemaker Pro or Raisers’ Edge).
· Strong computer skills and proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
· Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task in an environment with competing deadlines. Ability to develop written reports communicating findings. Knowledge of office protocol and ability to keep information confidential.
· Excellent interpersonal skills as well as a great sense of humor. Ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse staff, parents, alumni and students. Must be able to work with highly confidential information.
· A passion for the school’s mission.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills, and attention to detail.
· Able to work occasional nights and weekends.
· Bachelor's degree required.
· Minimum of three years in development/advancement or a related field.
Salary will be based on qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits offered including medical, dental and vision insurance and a retirement plan.
CDS is an equal opportunity employer.
Send resume and cover letter via email to Jeanna Yoo, Director of Advancement, at firstname.lastname@example.org or send a hard copy to Children's Day School, 333 Dolores Street San Francisco, CA 94110.
No phone calls please. We will only contact applicants whose background qualifications match this position.