The Admissions Receptionist and Assistant works closely with the entire admissions team and is supervised by the Admission Associate.
- Greet all Nueva and admissions visitors
- Correspond daily with interested parties via phone, e-mail, mail, and fax.
- Process in-coming mail.
- Monitor admissions fees and payments.
- Schedule and confirm admissions activities (tours, testing, playgroups/activity sessions, interviews, and various meetings and events).
- Assemble and distribution of admissions materials.
- Generate and maintain paperwork associated with admissions events and meetings.
- Assist with admissions event planning and execution.
- Escort for student and parent visitors.
- Assist with student visits
- Enter/manage applicant information.
- Assist with outreach and recruitment efforts – building internal database.
- Update and input admissions information, data, and stats.
- Provide student data information to requesting schools, families, and agencies for current and former students.
- Track office supply and equipment needs.
- Other special duties and projects as assigned.
- Three or more years of administrative/office support experience.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously and prioritize
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional people skills and phone etiquette.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Sensitivity, discretion, and a sense of humor.
- Knowledge of or experience in admissions and/or independent schools a plus.
- Working knowledge of FileMaker Pro a plus.
- Bilingual abilities– Spanish/English or Mandarin/English a plus.
Terms & Compensation
Compensation commensurate with experience
If summer hours are needed, other work opportunities may exist