Reports to: Director of Admission
The Admission Office of The Bay School is seeking a culturally competent, highly organized, and energetic intern to support its work with applicants and their families in the admission process. This is a wonderful opportunity to gain valuable admission experience in an ambitious, team-oriented environment.
Located in the Presidio of San Francisco, The Bay School is an independent, college preparatory high school committed to providing its students with a challenging, innovative curriculum and a collaborative, supportive community. Our staff and faculty members foster and model curiosity, critical thinking, collegiality, good humor and respect for diversity.
The part-time admission intern reports directly to the Director of Admission and assists with all administrative and marketing tasks associated with the admission process. The role of the admission intern is primarily administrative, but it also requires strong interpersonal skills and an enthusiasm for education and for working with teens. This position will involve some outreach and frequent parent and student contact. A few evenings and weekends are required for admission events.
• Replying to a high volume of phone and email inquiries
• Data entry and reporting
• Coordinating and leading school tours for prospective students and their families
• Assisting with outreach to Bay Area independent/parochial/public schools
• Traveling with the admission team to represent The Bay School at high school fairs and other outreach events
• Assisting admission team with scheduling and coordination on student visit days
• Sharing responsibility for organizing three Saturday or Sunday Open House events attended by large groups of prospective students and parents/guardians (this includes a number of administrative tasks–copying, editing, mailing, etc.)
• Processing, filing and scanning a high volume of application materials
• Interviewing applicants (weekday afternoons and one Saturday)
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
• Bilingual/bi-literate in Spanish or Mandarin Chinese is a plus
• Ability to manage deadlines with calm and good humor
• Desire to work in a highly collaborative environment
• Possesses strong cultural competency/sensitivity- the ability to connect with a wide spectrum of applicants and their parents/guardians as well as with current students, families and school faculty/staff
• Highly conscientious and strong attention to detail
• Ability to explain the admissions and tuition assistance processes clearly & patiently, and to support families through all phases of these processes
• Prior experience working with common database applications and a familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel. (Computer programming skills are not required; however a resourcefulness and ability to apply strong tech skills to effectively solving problems is essential.)
• Comfort with social media platforms and knowledge of WordPress and Prezi is a plus
If interested in the position, please send the items below to email@example.com, attn: Erica Brodie, Director of Admission.
1) Cover letter describing your interest in the position as well as how you anticipate contributing your skills and knowledge