Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton (SHS) is seeking excellent candidates for an administrative assistant in the department of Equity, Justice, Multicultural Education (EJME) for the 2013-2014 Academic year. This is a part-time (50%) position, supporting the director and the department while participating in the Sacred Heart community. Requirements include recent experience in a similar position and stellar administrative skills. The ideal candidate will also have a demonstrated interest in multicultural education and a deep concern for educational access, diversity and inclusion. Organization Overview Founded in 1898, SHS is a Roman Catholic, coeducational, independent school and is comprised of four divisions: SHS Preschool and Kindergarten, SHS Lower and Middle Schools for grades one through eight, and Sacred Heart Preparatory for grades nine through twelve.
Located on a beautiful 64‐acre campus in the San Francisco Bay Area, SHS is one of 23 schools in the U.S. Network of Sacred Heart Schools and is affiliated with a network of over 200 Sacred Heart schools worldwide. The school’s mission is to educate the whole child to be a leader who loves God and serves others.
SHS employs over 250 full‐ and part‐time women and men with a strong commitment to diversity. Nearly 25% of the 1,000+ students are students of color; 30% of the student body receives need‐based tuition assistance; many graduating seniors earn recognition in the National Merit Scholarship program; 100% of our graduates are accepted into four‐year colleges.Essential Functions• Creates and maintains information in Blackbaud data base.
• Acts as liaison between student families and the EJME office.
• Coordinates with community outreach projects.
• Ability and judgment necessary to determine when and how to refer community members to additional services, as appropriate.
• Participate in planning, implementing and executing school programs, projects and activities.
• Tracks and maintains student files, contacting parents/guardians for missing information.
• Provides routine reports to EJME Director
• Assists with clerical and administrative duties as needed
• Coordinates student information with Business Office
• Coordinates admissions data with registrar Qualifications• High school diploma or GED and a minimum of three years’ experience in a similar position or an equivalent school administrative support position.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding and to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
• Demonstrated competency with basic word processing, spreadsheet (Excel), PowerPoint and internet applications and proficient in the use of basic office equipment.
• Must demonstrate a commitment to confidentiality, cultural empathy, social awareness and appropriate care and concern for community members.
• A clear commitment to the mission of the school as articulated in the Goals and Criteria of Sacred Heart Schools
• Ability to communicate effectively with all constituents in a school environment both in Spanish and English.
• Demonstrated excellent attendance and punctuality.Employment The advertised position offers competitive compensation. SHS has a policy of making health and welfare benefits available to employees based on the length of assignment and subject to the plan parameters, including medical, dental, Life & LTD, long-term care, 403(b) retirement plan and more. To Apply Please apply online by sending a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You MUST indicate EJME Assistant 13-14 in the subject line of the e‐mail.
Or, you may mail your resume to:
Sacred Heart Schools
150 Valparaiso Avenue
Atherton, CA 94027
Attention Human Resources: EJME Assistant 13-14 Submissions will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Pre‐employment background screening is required for all positions.
For more information on Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton, please see our website at: http://www.shschools.org.
Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton believes that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, age, disability, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, veteran status, or any other class protected under federal, state or local laws.
As a faith-based institution, we reserve the right to use religion as a criterion in hiring decisions, as permitted by law, as it relates to performing essential job duties.Copyright ©2013 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency