Academic Technology Coordinator
Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton (SHS) is seeking excellent candidates for a full-time Academic Technology position in the Technology department to support the Sacred Heart Pre-school/Kindergarten (PSK) and Lower Middle School (LMS) programs. This is a full-time non-exempt position beginning in March.
Founded in 1898, SHS is a Roman Catholic, coeducational, independent school and is comprised of four divisions: SHS Preschool and Kindergarten, SHS Lower and Middle Schools for grades one through eight, and Sacred Heart Preparatory for grades nine through twelve.
Located on a beautiful 64‐acre campus in the San Francisco Bay Area, SHS is one of 23 schools in the U.S. Network of Sacred Heart Schools and is affiliated with a network of over 200 Sacred Heart schools worldwide. The school’s mission is to educate the whole child to be a leader who loves God and serves others.
SHS employs over 250 full‐ and part‐time women and men with a strong commitment to diversity. Nearly 25% of the 1,000+ students are students of color; 30% of the student body receives need‐based tuition assistance; many graduating seniors earn recognition in the National Merit Scholarship program; 100% of our graduates are accepted into four‐year colleges.
Summary of Position
The Academic Technology Coordinator position exists to support Sacred Heart PK-8 administration, faculty, staff, and students in the appropriate use of instructional and educational technologies. The Academic Technology Coordinator must be an innovative, proactive, and resourceful problem-solver with the ability to advise and support faculty, staff, administration, and students in a dynamic environment. The Academic Technology Coordinator should have expertise in technology and a commitment to faculty and staff development, technology/curriculum integration, ongoing professional training, and student training as needed. The Director of Technology relies upon the Academic Technology Coordinator for the direction of the PSK-LMS program.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Participate in the LMS level and faculty meetings as needed and provide briefings to the Director of Technology.
• Assist the PSK program by attending the end of the weekly PSK faculty meetings, assisting with the learning of hardware and software, providing on-site technology support, and integration of technology into the curriculum.
• Participate at weekly meeting with the Technology Team.
• Participate in professional growth experiences as needed to maintain knowledge of newest technology and technology trends.
• Assist in the development and implementation of the school-wide technology plan.
• Provide subject/content expertise on the direction and capabilities for the PSK-LMS.
• Work with the Educational Technology Coordinator to ensure technology skills provide a sequential program through the grades.
• Develop and maintain an educational technology web page as a resource for faculty, staff, and administrators.
• Design, implement and oversee the iPad program in grades K-4.
• Assist with the management of Google Chromebooks and other technology on the PSK-LMS campuses.
• Assist teachers and administration with the yearly standardized testing for the LMS
• Work with the Technology Support Technician at the LMS, to evaluate hardware and software in grades PSK-8 and recommend reimaging, repurposing, retiring, and purchasing of equipment.
• Ensure new employees are adequately enrolled in various school systems, supplied with appropriate technology and receive training.
• Coordinate with Director of Learning Services to evaluate, purchase, train and support software and hardware for the ASC Program.
• Work with the Digital Media Technician to manage and create content for SCALA digital signage throughout the LMS campus.
• Lead the training of new faculty and staff at the PSK-8 on whole school technology programs.
• Assist with the one-to-one program roll-outs every summer.
• Work with library personnel to ensure library technology needs and best practices for information technologies are integrated into the school program.
• Assist faculty in developing technology enriched curriculum-based projects for students and classes.
• Provides technology instruction in classes when asked by teachers (i.e. introduction of technology enriched lesson).
• Provide technology training for administration, faculty, and staff (including Rjenda, website, and Blackbaud).
• Assist teachers with grading/attendance program.
• Design and facilitate level trainings on hardware and software as needed.
• Design curriculum for various elective courses (i.e. robotics, gaming, digital art, broadcast journalism). This includes co-teaching of one or more of the electives.
• Design and lead training for ActivBoards for PSK-5.
• Other duties as directed by Director of Technology.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Education
• A clear commitment to the mission of the school as articulated in the Goals and Criteria of Sacred Heart Schools.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in the educational field with proven technology integration and teaching
• Master’s degree in an educational or instructional technology field strongly preferred.
• Two years applicable experience working with instructional technologies at an accredited institution.
• Excellent command of written and oral English; effective communication skills to exchange information and to respond to inquiries and requests for assistance.
• Ability to coordinate and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work in a dynamic and fluid environment.
• Ability to communicate with and work with a variety of people with varying skill levels.
• Demonstrated knowledge of both Mac and PC computer platforms. iPads, operating systems, and applicable software and programs.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Required: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite 2007, Google Docs, Gmail, Internet browsers and Microsoft operating systems. Familiarity with eBackpack, Blackboard, OneNote, Rjenda, and Blackbaud a plus.
• Excellent attendance and punctuality.
• Must be able to travel safely and comfortably across 64-acre campus
• Must be able to frequently, safely and comfortably lift at least 30 lbs.
• Exposed to a combination of normal office type environments, outdoors and shop environments
• Must be able to comfortably and safely climb, bend, pull, reach, kneel, stoop and see for near and far work.
• Must be able to view and operate a computer and related technology and equipment at least 90% of working time.
This is a ten-month position.
The advertised position offers competitive compensation. SHS has a policy of making health and welfare benefits available to employees based on the length of assignment and subject to the plan parameters, including medical, dental, Life & LTD, long-term care, 403(b) retirement plan and more.
Please apply online by sending a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or, you may mail your resume and cover letter to:
Sacred Heart Schools
150 Valparaiso Avenue
Atherton, CA 94027
ATTN: HR/ Academic Technology Coordinator 2013
Please reference Academic Technology Coordinator 2013 when submitting your resume and cover letter for consideration. You MUST indicate Academic Technology Coordinator 2013 in the subject line of an email submission.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis; positions will remain open until filled.
Pre‐employment background screening is required for all positions.
For more information on Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton, please see our website at: http://apptrkr.com/322356
Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton believes that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, age, disability, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, veteran status, or any other class protected under federal, state or local laws.
As a faith-based institution, we reserve the right to use religion as a criterion in hiring decisions, as permitted by law, as it relates to performing essential job duties.