Long Term Maternity Leave
St. Paul’s Episcopal School, located across from Lake Merritt in Oakland, enrolls 360 boys and girls from diverse backgrounds in Kindergarten – Grade 8. St. Paul’s provides an education that is intellectually challenging, culturally pluralistic, and morally and spiritually enriching. Caring, committed faculty members, in partnership with parents, serve as role models, mentors and guides. St. Paul’s has an academically talented and ethnically diverse student body and seeks the same in its faculty.
St. Paul’s seeks to fill the Second Grade Long Term (Maternity Leave) Substitute Teacher position, with a cheerful, enthusiastic, and dynamic individual who:
• has attained a BA degree.
• has experience working with children (K-8) in a formal stetting. (required)
• demonstrates warmth toward children and a good sense of humor.
• has excellent communication skills with both children and adults.
• values collegiality and collaboration with other teachers and administrators.
• wants to learn and is willing to accept direction and guidance.
• takes initiative and pays attention to detail.
• has experience with curriculum planning and development.
Position Dates: December, 2014 through mid April, 2015
Class size is 24 students.
No Phone Calls Please.
Email cover letter, resume, and references to:
Khadija Fredericks, Director of Lower School
Compensation: Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
We fully and actively support equal opportunity for all people, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation.